Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

bobbithemom

Default Odour from Front loading washer

We have a Kenmore front loading washer, app. 2 years old, and I have
noticed a bad odour coming from it, usually during the rinse action.
We have heard that this may be due to poor quality soap, but we use HE
Tide. I would like to switch to an environmentally friendly soap, so I
imagine the problem will get worse. Anyone else have this problem?
Can I run some vinegar through the machine?

sharon

Do you know why? I lived in Europe that only sells front loaders and it
was never a problem. After returning to U.S. I moved into our home with
front loading washer installed. I don't know what to do either because
I have the same issue. I have placed a bowl of vinegar on top to
absorb the odor, but don't know if it could be run through a cycle.
Good idea, though, and may be worth a try.
Any help please!

Chip C

bobbithemom wrote:
We have a Kenmore front loading washer, app. 2 years old, and I have
noticed a bad odour coming from it, usually during the rinse action.
We have heard that this may be due to poor quality soap, but we use HE
Tide. I would like to switch to an environmentally friendly soap, so I
imagine the problem will get worse. Anyone else have this problem?
Can I run some vinegar through the machine?

I hear that many front-load users find that the rubber seal (or "boot",
or "bellow") that spans the drum to the door moulders because it stays
damp. The usual advice is to leave the door open between uses to let it
dry; this is incompatible with the usual advice for child and pet
safety. If you're still under warranty and can see that the rubber is
deteriorating you may be able to get it replaced for free. I watched
the service tech replace mine (whirpool), it was a bit tricky for him
and he'd done it before, but in theory it's within the range of a
do-it-yourself project. I don't know what the part would cost. (Mine
had been damaged by clothing that had gotten sucked into it. It wasn't
mouldy.)

I don't know why you'd only notice it during the rinse cycle; perhaps
your situation is something else. But it's easy to check for mould.
Take a flashlight and really look down into it.

Chip C
Toronto

foraloysius

Here are a few tips for using a frontloader

* Leave the door open when you don't use the washer

* Do at least a hot wash every week with or without laundry

* If the smell is still there try to do a hot wash with original Lysol, use
at least a few tablespoons

And yes, you can run vinegar through the machine, no problem. Vinegar is
also good for rinsing out detergent. You can put it in the bleach dispenser
(not together with chlorine bleach!!!!) or in the softener dispenser.

"bobbithemom" schreef in bericht
ups.com...