Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

bbford

Default Frigidaire Front Load Washer

I bought a new Frigidaire Gallery front load washer a few months ago. It
works better than I expected. Compared to my old 15 year old top load
washer, this front load washer saves water, electricity, detergent, is
quieter, has less lint and spins faster to extract more water.

However, I still have my doubts about the door seal. All the salespeople
that I have talked to said the door seal has not been a problem on this
machine. Although my door seal is not leaking, I can't see how the rubber
seal will last because its always flexing. On the high speed spin, there is
always a small amount of vibration. And, after doing a wash, if I keep the
door closed, a lot condensation builds up on the door glass, so I just keep
the door open in-between washes to let it air out.

Question is, has anyone had a door seal leak or tear on this machine? How
much does your machine vibrate?
Do you keep the door open in-between washes? And, are extra surge protectors
necessary to protect the electronics?

On Sun, 16 May 2004 22:00:08 -0700, "bbford" wrote:

Question is, has anyone had a door seal leak or tear on this machine? How
much does your machine vibrate?
Do you keep the door open in-between washes? And, are extra surge protectors
necessary to protect the electronics?

The only time I had a door seal leak on my Frigidaire Gallery was when
people were leaning on the door itself for support, which misaligned
it and prevented the seal from being tight. That was fixed under
warranty, and we know now not to put any weight on the door. Yes, we
leave the door open to dry it out between washes. No surge protector
needed, in my experience. I also like this machine.