Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default How many coats of primer should be used on the exterior of an old house?

How many coats of primer should be used on the exterior of an old house?

Posted to misc.consumers.house
rob

On 4 Jun 2006 18:42:39 -0700, "
wrote:

How many coats of primer should be used on the exterior of an old house?

I think you will need to give more info before you get a legit answer
but I have heard of one or two coats in general. I'm no paint guru
tho but had a dad in the trades growing up and observed him.

You probably can go to a paint store and ask them. I'm sure it
depends on your prep, material to be painted, climate, quality / type
paint used, color before / after and maybe how you apply the paint
(brush, spray, etc.). Perhaps I missed something but I'd expect these
are the type of questions an informed person will want to know before
giving an answer (I'm not one of them).

Am I getting Scammed.. ROYALLY? Putting an offer on a house [email protected] Home Ownership 25 March 6th 05 03:05 AM
Speedfit technique Arthur UK diy 615 November 23rd 04 11:50 PM
A challenge for old house lovers Mike Mitchell UK diy 322 September 30th 04 12:29 AM
How many coats of primer on pre-stained oak? wendi Home Repair 26 June 13th 04 04:02 PM
house rebuilt year Djavdet Home Repair 27 February 20th 04 02:50 AM