Posted to misc.consumers.house
rob

Default How many coats of primer should be used on the exterior of an old house?

On 4 Jun 2006 18:42:39 -0700, "
wrote:

How many coats of primer should be used on the exterior of an old house?

I think you will need to give more info before you get a legit answer
but I have heard of one or two coats in general. I'm no paint guru
tho but had a dad in the trades growing up and observed him.

You probably can go to a paint store and ask them. I'm sure it
depends on your prep, material to be painted, climate, quality / type
paint used, color before / after and maybe how you apply the paint
(brush, spray, etc.). Perhaps I missed something but I'd expect these
are the type of questions an informed person will want to know before
giving an answer (I'm not one of them).