Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Steve

Default Pool filling

We are thinking about buying a house (in the Manchester, New Hampshire
area) with an inground pool. I don't know the size of the pool, but it
may be about 30x20. About how much can we expect to pay to have it
filled and have the area topped with soil?

Thanks,
Steve

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Steve, "pool filling" usually refers to filling with water. I'd suggest
you do a web search on "pool demolition" to get an idea of what's
involved. Doing it right is a big job, and the cost will depend a lot
on the accessibility of the site for equipment. I don't think it's
possible to give a ballpark estimate.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

On 1 Apr 2006 20:00:11 -0800, someone wrote:

...About how much can we expect to pay to have it
filled and have the area topped with soil?

The lowest budget way is to leave the rim in place and fill in the
rest. But be sure to break some holes in the bootm first!!!

That is pretty tacky looking. Unless you can figure out a way to use
it for landscaping like the border to a 'formal' garden (but it'll
still look like where the pool used to be). The next method is to
break out the first few feet all around, throw that in the bottom of
the hole (again break holes in the bottom first) and then fill it.

To actually dig it all out and remove it from the site will run to
some bucks.