Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Well Walter Lindal probably had a good idea but after 40+ years and
his pride and joy being driven into the ground by his greedy family
your comment doesn't hold much water... sort of like Lindals windows
and sunrooms! Apparently the FTC doesn't share your enthusiasm with
Lindal either! Or some of their dealers not to mention quite a few
customers..... check out http://www.sundesign123.com/ for a little
peek inside Lindal!

NEXT !

You are quite correct!... Although funny how the same complaints exist
today!

Well... Then there are those that rant about the Lindal success
stories from the 60's...

I can't satisfy everybody! And it's funny that Lindal was trying to
reverse that ruling so they could go back to scamming their customers
the old fashoned way!.. I guess they gave up on reversing the FTC
ruling when arbitration became the easiest way to hide your
shenanigans.

Well.. I can certainly understand your point of view, however I would
expect you would change you mind if you were one of Lindals unfortunate
customers.

What appears as a vendetta is a call to customers (or dealers) who may
not realize there are more of them than they think and by banding
together they not only have a voice but quite a bit of leverage over
what first appeared to be a hopeless situation! When a big name company
sets out to scam it's customers it is nice to see that there is someone
willing to try to help you without demanding money!

When you have been swindled by a company that relies on arbitration
you'll soon see how the State and Federal Governments and many agencies
or lawyers who would normally come to your assistance, have little
jurisdiction over your problem.

Like yourself, most unhappy Lindal customers are not aware of the
growing problem, so I'm here to change that.

Ed

Bock

Duane Bozarth wrote:

Like yourself, most unhappy Lindal customers are not aware of the
growing problem, so I'm here to change that.

Well, it seems if it were a very big problem, there would be
something discernible to see...

In the grand scheme of home builder problems it's quite small. Lindal
only serves a very small sector of the marketplace. When you look at
the number of contracts negotiated vs. the number of contracts
completed you'll likely see very disturbing numbers. Lindal keeps the
deposits on materials and will not return those funds even when no
materials have been ordered!

Well, I know nothing about buying/building a Lindal or any prefab home.
But I can tell you from life's experience that 99.999999999 percent of
the
people don't read any contracts they sign, be it visa, a signature card
at a bank or perhaps even a Lindal contract. What does the Lindal
contact
say that anybody signed?

Why would anyone turn over money to any company or sign any contract
until
product was delivered. Why would the customer not put the money in
trust with
a lawyer to protect them from bankruptcy of Lindal or any other company
and
also to proctect them against any faulty workmanship or missing
materials?

The complaints are out there for those not snared by arbitration. The
disturbing thing is the basic nature of all the complaints. Lindal &
the dealer take your money then disappear!

Do customers walk into Lindal and ask the people to give a written
signed quote?

Your initial quoted fees are
quite low, then the rest of your money disappears for all sorts of
undocumented services.

Well, you haven't made it clear at this point whether one has signed a
contact yet or not
and whether the contract spells out these terms or not.

When you say the rest of your money dissapears, what do you mean?

Do you not sign a contract that says for 100 dollars you get the
following list of materials
to be able to complete your Lindal home?

What you need to tell us is the Lindal experience so we know what
happened. A salesman can tell you
anything they want, but what did you as a customer, insist they put in
writing and sign on Lindal letterhead?

The reason Lindal has gotten away with it for so
long is it is not a very big problem compared to ENRON Etc..

You need to tell the world what is the first thing that went wrong when
buying a Lindal Home.

Speedfit technique Arthur UK diy 615 November 23rd 04 11:50 PM
stain backside of cedar fence trim? blue Home Repair 9 October 3rd 04 01:21 PM
US homes vulnerable to Tornados ( wooden), why not use concrete? Joseph Home Ownership 25 July 30th 04 09:18 PM
How much work is to clean & stain cedar deck railing? Dave K. Home Repair 0 May 1st 04 06:22 PM
Life Expectancy of Cedar Siding? Paul Rouse Home Repair 13 January 10th 04 12:20 AM