Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default Troubles with Wells Fargo

Just wanted to vent. Wells Fargo is the current holder of my home
mortgage. I refinanced two years ago and they were the lending
institution for my new loan. As part of the mortgage, we are required
to hold flood insurance. Part of my property is considered flood plain

Anyway, Well Fargo requires that I prove annually that I am paying my
flood insurance. This was not required with my previous lender but I
believe it is part of a new federal regulation, so I will comply.

Last summer, Wells Fargo sent me a very cryptic letter informing me of
the new proof of insurance regulation. The letter was long on jargon
and vague threats about noncompliance consequences but short on what
exactly I needed to do to comply. I faxed them copies of my insurance
policy and cancelled checks and did not hear anything back. I assumed
I would here more if I had not fulfilled what was needed.

In October they sent me a nasty letter saying I had not complied with
their request. I called a customer service rep who was completely
unhelpful and finally found out that my insurance agent needed to send
in proof of insurance. My agent faxed over the needed paperwork and
sent me copies. I thought this was done.

In November Wells Fargo sent another nasty note saying they did not get
proof of insurance and that they were taking out insurance for me using
my escrow. I called again and got a helpful person who called my agent
and gave him a direct fax line where we could confirm receipt. They
cancelled the additional insurance and gave me a refund. That was an
extremely frustrating process.

Anyway, I got another letter from Wells Fargo several weeks ago asking
for 2005 proof of insurance. My agent faxed the material over but
again Well Fargo says it was not received. I called Wells Fargo
customer service and now they say they cannot make outgoing calls to
deal directly with my agent. AAAAHHHH!!!!

Is there any way to change lender institution without going through
refinancing? I feel like I am stuck with a company that does not
understand anything about customer service.

Thanks for listening,
Patrick

99windstar

We have been dealing with CitiBank for a HELOC (we refinanced out heloc).
They outsource to India NOW THAT has been a problem! No loan officer just
some customer service phone monkey with a very difficult to understand
accent. With something as important as a loan you need to be able to
understand what the person is saying on the other end. With them we even had
issues with proof of insurance compounded with the whole outsourcing issue.
After a few weeks of trying to be understood and trying to understand we
finally got to closing only to have that handled by a different company who
also screwed things up but at least was English speaking so it was quickly
fixed.
If you want to switch lenders it would be as a refinance. But it may be a
worse situation than you are already in.

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Joshua Putnam

I had a similar situation with a customer of mine (I'm an insurance
agent). In the end it turned out that they were getting the proof of
insurance just fine, they simply didn't like the way their address
was formatted in the lienholder section of the form. But they don't
have a form letter for that, so they just send out another demand for
proof of insurance, with no indication what was wrong with the
original proof of insurance.

Another possibility, double-check that the loan number on the proof
of insurance is formatted *exactly* the way it is on your loan
paperwork. If the loan number doesn't match in their system, they
don't know it's covering the collateral for that loan.

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 10:30:38 GMT, someone wrote:

Seems to me that the executive staff would be interested that their CS
agents can't make outgoing calls!

Might have been an executive decision, to stop them from making
personal calls, and/or to prevent them from doing people's legwork for
them. The execs probably decided they DON'T want their staff calling
up insurance agents, surveyors, lawyers, contractors, etc. and fixing
people's problems with those folks for them.

Well, this is not my problem. It's not my agents problem. He has done
everything instructed in the proof of insurance letter. So, it must be
Wells Fargo's problem.

They need to come up with a way that people can send them material and
confirm receipt. I faxed proof of insurance multiple times. My agent
faxed multiple times but Wells Fargo never had any record of receiving
the fax. There has to be an easier way.

The only time I have gotten this resolved quickly was the one WF rep
who called my agent, gave him the direct fax line to the fax nearest
him and called back a few minutes later to confirm that the fax was
received and the insurance processed.

I got off the phone yesterday with WF where I pleaded with them to tell
me what I can do to make this process go smoothly. The only response
was 'fax the information to the fax number listed in our letter.' NO
NO NO ... that process DOES NOT work.

Patrick

Have not done it yet but I intend to. Thank you for the contact name.

Patrick