Electronics (alt.electronics)

happyhobit

Default looking for ir schematic diagram

If you're talking about IrDA check out this site.

http://rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~sb831436/irda/irda.htm

Jay

Larry

Zeducious Monk wrote in message . ..
On 11 Jul 2003 09:12:12 -0700, (Aldous B) wrote:

hello,
I would like to ask if there is a schematic diagram/design for an
infrared comm module that can be attached to the pc motherboard. I
would like to communicate with a mobile device (or some other device
with ir). I found a couple of designs in the net- the design is very
simple, but when i checked for the availability of the IR
transceiver/receiver - i can't find it locally. I can't and probably
won't buy a single component from the net since the shipping alone
will be outrageously high. The design that I found has the tranceiver
and receiver on a single component. I've read that it has some chip of
some kind (i'm not really that sure).
The only available components are separated - they look like
LEDs. I would like to ask if there is an available schematic
diagram/design for an IR comm. device that uses these components. I'm
quite a begginner with electronics and I cannot design my own device.

Thank you very much for your help.

Aldous

If you just want something to use as a remote control for your
computer, check out a program called "Girder" you should be able to
find it with googe, it works really good, very flexible, you can teach
any remote and serial port reciever with it.

Find someone junking a remote control TV ect and or ask at a tv shop
for the guts to a set and a copy of the diagram around the IR pick up.
Use care around the CRT if its still under vacuum.
Larry

"Arthur Jernberg" wrote in message ...
Strange that most electronic manufactures have had very good preformance
using the IR LED design in their remote controls for many years. That is
unless you want the item to work in extremely noisy situations (I.E. where
there is a lot of florescent or ir sources already present), or if longer
ranges are necessary at which point you may consider an IR Laser as your
transmitter source.
[...]

Another idea crossed my mind go to a computer repair site and
ask about a really junk laptop as they have had IR Tx/Rc for
quite a long time so some must be hitting the trash can.