Zeducious Monk

Default looking for ir schematic diagram

On 11 Jul 2003 09:12:12 -0700, (Aldous B) wrote:

hello,
I would like to ask if there is a schematic diagram/design for an
infrared comm module that can be attached to the pc motherboard. I
would like to communicate with a mobile device (or some other device
with ir). I found a couple of designs in the net- the design is very
simple, but when i checked for the availability of the IR
transceiver/receiver - i can't find it locally. I can't and probably
won't buy a single component from the net since the shipping alone
will be outrageously high. The design that I found has the tranceiver
and receiver on a single component. I've read that it has some chip of
some kind (i'm not really that sure).
The only available components are separated - they look like
LEDs. I would like to ask if there is an available schematic
diagram/design for an IR comm. device that uses these components. I'm
quite a begginner with electronics and I cannot design my own device.

Thank you very much for your help.

Aldous

If you just want something to use as a remote control for your
computer, check out a program called "Girder" you should be able to
find it with googe, it works really good, very flexible, you can teach
any remote and serial port reciever with it.