Electronics (alt.electronics)

Old December 26th 07, 07:59 PM posted to alt.electronics
Al Al is offline

Default What is this thing?

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 11:33:44 -0700, james wrote:

http://monkeebidness.com/thing.jpg
I don't know why I have it. I don't know what it is other than it's a
cable with a stereo plug on one end and what appears to be a light on
one end with velcro

It's either an infra-red transmitter or receiver for some gadget.

Al

Old December 26th 07, 08:43 PM posted to alt.electronics

Al wrote:

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 11:33:44 -0700, james wrote:

http://monkeebidness.com/thing.jpg
I don't know why I have it. I don't know what it is other than it's a
cable with a stereo plug on one end and what appears to be a light on
one end with velcro

It's either an infra-red transmitter or receiver for some gadget.

Al

I would need a better picture of the non plug end before guessing!

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Old December 28th 07, 01:35 AM posted to alt.electronics

"Al" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 11:33:44 -0700, james wrote:

http://monkeebidness.com/thing.jpg
I don't know why I have it. I don't know what it is other than it's a
cable with a stereo plug on one end and what appears to be a light on
one end with velcro

It's either an infra-red transmitter or receiver for some gadget.

Maybe part of one of those TV remote control relay devices that can be used
to change the channel on a satellite receiver from another room.

--

Brian Gregory. (In the UK)

To email me remove the letter vee.

Old December 28th 07, 10:23 AM posted to alt.electronics

"Al" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 11:33:44 -0700, james wrote:

http://monkeebidness.com/thing.jpg
I don't know why I have it. I don't know what it is other than it's a
cable with a stereo plug on one end and what appears to be a light on
one end with velcro

It's either an infra-red transmitter or receiver for some gadget.

Al

That is probably 100% correct. I have both "professional" and home-made
versions of these, and use them with "Powermid" remote control
extenders.
--

Regards,

Roger.

hfvsc-dontspam
@
yahoo.
co.
uk

Old January 26th 08, 06:33 PM posted to alt.electronics

http://monkeebidness.com/thing.jpg
I don't know why I have it. I don't know what it is other than it's a cable
with a stereo plug on one end and what appears to be a light on one end with
velcro

What is this thing for? miamicuse Home Repair 16 February 26th 07 01:47 AM
What is this thing? FragileWarrior Home Repair 13 February 11th 07 05:55 PM
Buy Something even if its just one thing! BuySmartShopping Home Ownership 0 October 2nd 06 10:06 PM
Same thing brush7734 Metalworking 0 November 24th 05 12:03 PM
What's this leaky thing in my boiler...? - thing.jpg (0/1) fred UK diy 9 August 21st 04 10:51 PM