Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics,comp.arch.embedded,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.misc
Aly Aly is offline

Default WTB: 7406 TTL O/C Hex Invertor DIL in UK

Hello,

Would anyone here have a few 7406 chips knocking about in their parts
drawer? I'm ideally looking for 5, but a minimum of 2.

Everywhere is sold out; RS, Farnell, Maplin, Rapid.

I can pay by PayPal, say £5 for 5. Naturally these need to be in the UK as
I'm eager to sort this out. I have two identical pieces of non working
equipment, both of which I've narrowed down to the 7406's.

Many thanks,

Alison

Posted to alt.electronics,comp.arch.embedded,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.misc

Aly wrote:

Hello,

Would anyone here have a few 7406 chips knocking about in their parts
drawer? I'm ideally looking for 5, but a minimum of 2.

Everywhere is sold out; RS, Farnell, Maplin, Rapid.

I can pay by PayPal, say £5 for 5. Naturally these need to be in the UK
as
I'm eager to sort this out. I have two identical pieces of non working
equipment, both of which I've narrowed down to the 7406's.

Many thanks,

Alison

Farnell 1105938, or 705135 is a 7406, and supposedly in stock,
Farnell 9592180 is a 74LS06, I wonder if that would do also...

If you could make do with surface mount parts, then you will find something
like one of these parts on a lot of old 386, 486 and early Pentium
motherboards, sometimes several per board (though sometimes it is a '07
instead). If you can find a sufficiently old board, you might even find
one in DIL. Of course if you were trying to repair an early Pentium
motherboard then my cannibalistic suggestion might be a bit pointless.
Also look out for 7416 which may be interchangeable in some cases but has a
lower voltage rating.

Chris
Posted to alt.electronics,comp.arch.embedded,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.misc

Aly schrieb:

Hello,

Would anyone here have a few 7406 chips knocking about in their parts
drawer? I'm ideally looking for 5, but a minimum of 2.

Everywhere is sold out; RS, Farnell, Maplin, Rapid.

I can pay by PayPal, say £5 for 5. Naturally these need to be in the UK as
I'm eager to sort this out. I have two identical pieces of non working
equipment, both of which I've narrowed down to the 7406's.

Hi Alison

I could give you -5- _used_ TI 7406N DIP IC's. I'd just beg you to pay
EUR 2,- for postage. Interested?

CU

Reinhard
Posted to alt.electronics,comp.arch.embedded,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.misc
Aly Aly is offline

"Reinhard Zwirner" wrote in message
SNIP
I could give you -5- _used_ TI 7406N DIP IC's. I'd just beg you to pay
EUR 2,- for postage. Interested?

CU

Reinhard

Hi Reinhard,

Sounds great. :-) No problems on the postage at all, 2E is fine.

My email (public one on here) addy is..

Then we'll take it from there.

Thanks again,.

Alison

Posted to alt.electronics
Aly Aly is offline

"Baron" wrote in message

I may have some of those kicking about !

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Hi Baron :-)

I think this is all wrapped up now. But warm thanks for replying.

Aly

Posted to alt.electronics,comp.arch.embedded,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.misc
Aly Aly is offline

Default 7406 TTL O/C Hex Invertor DIL in UK

"Aly" wrote in message

Many warm thanks to those that replied, both here and off forum.

Alison

Posted to alt.electronics,comp.arch.embedded,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.misc

On 3 Mar, 23:49, "Aly" wrote:
Hello,

Would anyone here have a few 7406 chips knocking about in their parts
drawer? I'm ideally looking for 5, but a minimum of 2.

Everywhere is sold out; RS, Farnell, Maplin, Rapid.

I can pay by PayPal, say £5 for 5. Naturally these need to be in the UK as
I'm eager to sort this out. I have two identical pieces of non working
equipment, both of which I've narrowed down to the7406's.

Many thanks,

Alison

Hi Alison

Rapid will be getting 25 pcs of the 7406 into stock in the next two
weeks. :0)
Check rapidonline.com for details.

Regards,

Michael.