Posted to alt.electronics,comp.arch.embedded,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.misc
Chris Jones Chris Jones is offline

Default WTB: 7406 TTL O/C Hex Invertor DIL in UK

Aly wrote:

Hello,

Would anyone here have a few 7406 chips knocking about in their parts
drawer? I'm ideally looking for 5, but a minimum of 2.

Everywhere is sold out; RS, Farnell, Maplin, Rapid.

I can pay by PayPal, say £5 for 5. Naturally these need to be in the UK
as
I'm eager to sort this out. I have two identical pieces of non working
equipment, both of which I've narrowed down to the 7406's.

Many thanks,

Alison

Farnell 1105938, or 705135 is a 7406, and supposedly in stock,
Farnell 9592180 is a 74LS06, I wonder if that would do also...

If you could make do with surface mount parts, then you will find something
like one of these parts on a lot of old 386, 486 and early Pentium
motherboards, sometimes several per board (though sometimes it is a '07
instead). If you can find a sufficiently old board, you might even find
one in DIL. Of course if you were trying to repair an early Pentium
motherboard then my cannibalistic suggestion might be a bit pointless.
Also look out for 7416 which may be interchangeable in some cases but has a
lower voltage rating.

Chris