Electronics (alt.electronics)

Brett Griffin

Default New HA product development

I am looking to take an idea I have had for several years and work on
bringing it to the market.

I am looking for someone who can develop a small hardware/firmware device.
You will need knowlegde of devloping ethernet firmware application,
electronic circuitry design, and other knowledge skills. Contacts and
knowledge in manufacturing from design, and packaging is a plus.

If you or someone you know is interested please contact me throught the
contact form on my website below.

You will need to sign a Non Compete agreement and a Non Disclosure agreement
prior to getting details of the project. There is no pay up front but you
will be given royalties from the sale of the product. You must be a US
citizen, and have a resume for submittal.

College, and Vocational students may apply, but must have a base knowledge
to complete the project over the summer.

--
Brett Griffin, Technology Consultant

Architechtronics, Inc.
get to know home technologyT
p. (610) 825.7018 f (215) 827.5484

*top 10 reasons to use Architechtronics for your next project
http://www.architechtronics.com/top10.html

**keep up on cutting-edge technology... join "the EDGE" for free at
http://www.architectronics.com/edge.html

Rich Grise

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 01:17:54 -0400, Brett Griffin wrote:

I am looking to take an idea I have had for several years and work on
bringing it to the market.

I am looking for someone who can develop a small hardware/firmware device.
You will need knowlegde of devloping ethernet firmware application,
electronic circuitry design, and other knowledge skills. Contacts and
knowledge in manufacturing from design, and packaging is a plus.

If you or someone you know is interested please contact me throught the
contact form on my website below.

You will need to sign a Non Compete agreement and a Non Disclosure agreement
prior to getting details of the project. There is no pay up front but you
will be given royalties from the sale of the product. You must be a US
citizen, and have a resume for submittal.

College, and Vocational students may apply, but must have a base knowledge
to complete the project over the summer.

If I felt like doing all of that crap, what would I need you for?

Oh! I get it! The idea!

I'm sure that you'll be overwhelmed with applicants for your little
opportunity to spend the summer working for free, just so _you_ can
make a bunch of money off your precious idea, while paying the guy
who did all of the work, a _royalty_?

Gimme 5K up front, and a guarantee of 60% of gross sales, and I'll
consider it.

Thanks!
Rich

stahoopid_rahat

If you're on glue I recommend you stop immediately --- the long term
negative health effects far outweigh any short term 'rush' you may be
getting out of it. If you aren't on glue then, um --- I don't know, maybe
you're just plain stupid.

John Fields

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 18:40:12 GMT, "stahoopid_rahat"
wrote:

If you're on glue I recommend you stop immediately --- the long term
negative health effects far outweigh any short term 'rush' you may be
getting out of it. If you aren't on glue then, um --- I don't know, maybe
you're just plain stupid.

---
Hey, Rich,

Check it out... That stupid **** originally signed on as "Tom"
something or other and has been trolling ever since.

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer
ubertroll

Yeah Rich, look, maybe together, if we both try to gang up on the troll,
maybe I'll be more successfull than last time when I got bitched out real
bad.
signed
John (the informant) Fields

John Fields

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 07:40:34 GMT, "ubertroll"
wrote:

Yeah Rich, look, maybe together, if we both try to gang up on the troll,
maybe I'll be more successfull than last time when I got bitched out real
bad.
signed
John (the informant) Fields

---
Jeez, Mr. Fields,

I'm sorry that I'm such a stupid bag of ****, but I can't help it.

You see, when I was much younger my mom used to suck me off while my
dad was butt****ing me and that's left me with a real need to be
abused. That's why I always post stuff that causes people to flame
me. I need to be flamed constantly just to feel normal, so please
keep it up! (as my mom used to say)

Signed,

Tiny Tommy The Troublemaking Twit

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer
Brett Griffin

I apologize If I ****ed anyone off. I have an idea that several clients
have asked for. I don't have $5000 to pay someone to develop this. I have
the idea, and I have clients, marketing and sales.

I don't see why splitting the profits is such a bad idea, I have several
software developers that do this with me and they don't complain. It works
for both parties, I had the idea, and I sell it. That is what I bring to
the table. I have the marketing the relationships and the sales process
completed.

My idea should not take more than a couple of hours of a good designers
time. If it does than you are not a good designer.
--

"Brett Griffin" wrote in message
[...]

John Fields

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 11:31:17 -0400, "Brett Griffin"
wrote:

I apologize If I ****ed anyone off. I have an idea that several clients
have asked for. I don't have $5000 to pay someone to develop this. I have
the idea, and I have clients, marketing and sales.

I don't see why splitting the profits is such a bad idea, I have several
software developers that do this with me and they don't complain. It works
for both parties, I had the idea, and I sell it. That is what I bring to
the table. I have the marketing the relationships and the sales process
completed.

My idea should not take more than a couple of hours of a good designers
time. If it does than you are not a good designer.

---
$5000 for a couple of hours of design time? LOL, even _I_ don't
charge that much!

A _good_ designer shouldn't have to take any of the risk and is just
plain stupid if he agrees to get paid on the come, and then, out of
profits, if there are any!

A more equitable plan would be to offer a percentage of the sales,
which then takes all of the profit-eating mechanisms out of the
picture.

All you're trying to do is get some poor sad-sack to design something
up for you, for free, which you'll never have to pay for if you don't
want to.

Count me out!

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer
Guy Macon

Brett Griffin wrote:

My idea should not take more than a couple of hours of a good designers
time. If it does than you are not a good designer.
--
Brett Griffin, Technology Consultant

If you think that writing ethernet firmware and designing electronic
circuitry should not take more than a couple of hours, then you are
not a good technology consultant.

fleen_squigger

Don't bother with these neurotic buffoons Brett, they're a complete waste of
time. The only thing they're good at is justifying their self-serving
dysfunctionality. You could offer them the deal of a lifetime and they'd
find a reason to refuse it because they know any involvement with a serious
developer will expose them.

Jim Thompson

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:35:22 GMT, "fleen_squigger"
wrote:

Don't bother with these neurotic buffoons Brett, they're a complete waste of
time. The only thing they're good at is justifying their self-serving
dysfunctionality. You could offer them the deal of a lifetime and they'd
find a reason to refuse it because they know any involvement with a serious
developer will expose them.

As one who earns 100% of my income DESIGNING, Brett's offer is plain
BS, and won't draw any responders other than amateurs. There's no
contract there... just bait for suckers.

And, WTF is "fleen_squigger"? Ever made more than US$5/hour ?:-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

John Fields

wrote:

Don't bother with these neurotic buffoons Brett, they're a complete waste of
time. The only thing they're good at is justifying their self-serving
dysfunctionality. You could offer them the deal of a lifetime and they'd
find a reason to refuse it because they know any involvement with a serious
developer will expose them.

As one who earns 100% of my income DESIGNING, Brett's offer is plain
BS, and won't draw any responders other than amateurs. There's no
contract there... just bait for suckers.

And, WTF is "fleen_squigger"? Ever made more than US$5/hour ?:-)

---
He's a brain-dead troll from alt.electronics who likes to play stupid
games.

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer
fleen_squigger

Help! My name is John Fields and I'm stupid --- moan, snivel. I've got
fleas and my ass stinks, whine. I'm a pseudo-gay police informant with a
really bad heart condition, beak, beak ...

wkearney99

As one who earns 100% of my income DESIGNING

Yet has enough free time to waste it on newsgroups...

fleen_squigger

Yeah, sounds like wishful thinking to me ...

keith

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 00:00:39 -0400, wkearney99 wrote:

As one who earns 100% of my income DESIGNING

Yet has enough free time to waste it on newsgroups...

As opposed to you and fleen making your income by being dinks in
newsgroups. Sounds right.

--
Keith

fleen_squigger

Shut up! Do you want 'ass-barphed' to start writing another one of his
patented, "John, the Rhyming Retard" poems about it?

Roses are red
violets are blue
my name is John
and I'm stupid!

signed, the Stylish Tusker

BTW, who put a quarter in your slot?

keith

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 13:29:11 +0000, fleen_squigger wrote:

Shut up! Do you want 'ass-barphed' to start writing another one of his
patented, "John, the Rhyming Retard" poems about it?

Roses are red
violets are blue
my name is John
and I'm stupid!

signed, the Stylish Tusker

That's the best you can rhyme? Figures.

BTW, who put a quarter in your slot?

Unlike you two, I don't get my money from a welfare check. I have plenty
of quarters and don't need the permission of net-dinks.

--
Keith

fleen_squigger

Wow, you really aren't the sharpest tool in the shed, are you? That
'poetry' was an example of just how incredibly bad ass-barphed's poetry is,
not my own! Hello --- it's supposed to be bad! My god, how do you
function? Sorry Kieth, I just cannot buy into this fallacy that you are
some kind of electronics professional, more likely you are a victim of
lunatic asylum budget-cutbacks --- they thought you'd be ok as long as you
took your medication, and kicked you out to save money.

Jim Thompson

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:39:46 GMT, "fleen_squigger"
wrote:

Wow, you really aren't the sharpest tool in the shed, are you? That
'poetry' was an example of just how incredibly bad ass-barphed's poetry is,
not my own! Hello --- it's supposed to be bad! My god, how do you
function? Sorry Kieth, I just cannot buy into this fallacy that you are
some kind of electronics professional, more likely you are a victim of
lunatic asylum budget-cutbacks --- they thought you'd be ok as long as you
took your medication, and kicked you out to save money.

And you, "fleen_squigger", are "some kind of electronics
professional"??

Bwahahahaha!

You're just another puke-punk.

PLONK!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

John Fields

wrote:

Wow, you really aren't the sharpest tool in the shed, are you? That
'poetry' was an example of just how incredibly bad ass-barphed's poetry is,
not my own! Hello --- it's supposed to be bad! My god, how do you
function? Sorry Kieth, I just cannot buy into this fallacy that you are
some kind of electronics professional, more likely you are a victim of
lunatic asylum budget-cutbacks --- they thought you'd be ok as long as you
took your medication, and kicked you out to save money.

And you, "fleen_squigger", are "some kind of electronics
professional"??

---
He's a sophomoric little ham from Vancouver ("Tom, VA7FAB") who
advocated (in a newsgroup, yet) using lightly trafficked spectrum
space illegally by not doing it enough to get caught. He gets himself
all worked up from time to time and likes to try to annoy me because I
threatened to turn his slimy little criminal ass in to the authorities
and because I gave him some information about SKYPE that he didn't
want to hear about.

A real maggot.

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer
Jim Thompson

wrote:

[...]

Turn him in. I always get great enjoyment from doing that ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

keith

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:39:46 +0000, fleen_squigger wrote:

Wow, you really aren't the sharpest tool in the shed, are you? That
'poetry' was an example of just how incredibly bad ass-barphed's poetry is,
not my own! Hello --- it's supposed to be bad! My god, how do you
function? Sorry Kieth, I just cannot buy into this fallacy that you are
some kind of electronics professional, more likely you are a victim of
lunatic asylum budget-cutbacks --- they thought you'd be ok as long as you
took your medication, and kicked you out to save money.

I see how sharp you are trimming quotes to suit your purposes. If your
intention was to out-lame John, you win the prize.

--
Keith

Richard Henry

[...]

Ooh! ooh! ooh! hand waving in air Pick me! Pick me!

I'll do it for a small fixed fee, a percentage of sales, and a percentage of
profits (all negotiable).

And expenses, of course...

I think I'll need a new laptop to pursue this properly...

And a B-size printer...

Plus I don't know that much about ethernet interface, so I may need to take
a couple of courses...

Richard Henry

wrote:

[...]

By "illegally" do you mean without a license, or intruding into forbidden
bands?

Don't the airwaves belong to the people? Shouldn't the people be allowed to
make any use they want of the airwaves, as long as they don't interfere with
properly licensed/permitted signals, or cause a hazard to others?

The feds can be so picky. I am aware of a local ham who altered his
portable to be able to listen to police bands. While mountain-biking with
friends, one fellow got badly hurt. He called for help on the Sheriff's
frequency, and the victim was saved. A few days later, the FCC paid him a
visit and confiscated the device.

Joel Kolstad

"Richard Henry" wrote in message
Don't the airwaves belong to the people?

Yes.

Shouldn't the people be allowed to
make any use they want of the airwaves, as long as they don't interfere with
properly licensed/permitted signals, or cause a hazard to others?

Change the word "airwaves" to "air" or "water" or any other public resource.
All have regulations because, in general, your actions in them can affect
people quite a ways away without your knowledge. Just as fertilizer runoff
from a field can pollute the wells of people far away, transmitting even small
amounts of power can prevent reception of ("pollute") someone else's signal
far away. Hence, regulation is a reasonable thing.

The feds can be so picky. I am aware of a local ham who altered his
portable to be able to listen to police bands.

In the U.S., you can legally receive whatever you want... other than the old
AMPS cell phone bands, and in my opinion the feds making that illegal was a
mistake that, if anything, only delayed the introduction of reasonably secure
cell phone technology.

While mountain-biking with
friends, one fellow got badly hurt. He called for help on the Sheriff's
frequency, and the victim was saved. A few days later, the FCC paid him a
visit and confiscated the device.

Ah, well TRANSMITTING on the police bands is another issue. That certainly is
illegal (for your friend). But note that the FCC confiscated the device
specifically because it was modified and therefore no longer type accepted...
if you friend had purchased, say, a police radio from eBay and had used it,
technically I believe he would have been OK! (Since, in general, during an
emergency you're allowed to use whatever frequencies and equipment you want to
obtain help, but if the cops discover anything illegal after all the dust has
settled, they can still pursue it. Say your friend had smashed the window of
a car to grab a cell phone to call 911... technically I think he could then
still be prosecuted for vandalism, although the cops might be a little more
understanding because it was a spur of the moment decision, whereas modifying
a radio to transmit on the police bands is highly premeditated!)

Keep in mind that while you can find stories where doing something like your
friend did ended up saving someone's life, someone else could find a story
where some moron transmitting on the police bands to report someone's house
being robbed prevented a cop from calling in that he'd been shot and was lying
there dying.

You have to put everything in perspective. Would I be willing to risk going
to jail if I thought smashing a car window to call 911 in a true emergency
would help? Absolutely. There's the old story about Thomas Edison smashing a
the front display case window of a store to steal a large mirror so that a
surgeon would have enough reflected candlelight to be able to perform surgery
to save his mother. You have to decide for yourself when the overall good
outweighs the bad if you choose to commit a crime...

---Joel Kolstad

Jim Thompson

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:20:43 -0700, "Richard Henry"
wrote:

"John Fields" wrote in message
.. .

[snip]
[...]

As they should have. He was too damned stupid to hide his "device"
?:-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

fleen_squigger

He shouldn't have had to hide his device, is the point --- Einstein.

keith

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:03:37 +0000, fleen_squigger wrote:

He shouldn't have had to hide his device, is the point --- Einstein.

It was an illegal device, is the point --- dummy.

--
Keith
Brett Griffin

Well I never imagined I would spawn this much debate over nothing.

Dont worry about it anymore, I accomplished what I set out to do. I have
several established companies in the US and Canada, who are willing to work
with me on contractual terms.

To answer many of the odd questions and points brought up in this very very
long and pointless discussion.

I have never used another name (specifically I have never used the name
"Tom")in this forum or any other forum. I have nothing to hide from (except
spam).

To be honest I have to thank all of your post it was rather quite amusing,
and I enjoyed it.

--
Brett Griffin, Home Technology Consultant

[...]

Jim Thompson

wrote:

You must be a US citizen, and have a resume for submittal.

This is an illegal requirement. You can be sued for this.

You are badly misinformed.

It is even legal for me to require that you, for example, be of prime
36-DD quality ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

John Fields

wrote:

[...]

Yes, they belong to the people, but in order to keep them (us) from
causing a hazard because of improper use, spectrum allocation and
restrictions had to be put in place. Your anecdote about the local
ham is a good example. What if some rag-chewing CB'ers with 100 watt
linears decided to park anywhere they wanted to and just happened to
step on the frequency the ham was trying to use to call for help? I
know it's all "what if", but if there weren't any rules it could
easily happen.
---

The feds can be so picky. I am aware of a local ham who altered his
portable to be able to listen to police bands. While mountain-biking with
friends, one fellow got badly hurt. He called for help on the Sheriff's
frequency, and the victim was saved. A few days later, the FCC paid him a
visit and confiscated the device.

---
Well, regardless of whether that action saved the guy's life or not,
the ham hadn't just modified the receiver, which isn't illegal, he'd
modified the transmitter, which was, and he knew it.

Probably the FCC's position was that since the guy modified it, he
intended to use it (otherwise why bother?) and since it was an
unlicensed transmitter it needed to be confiscated.

Kind of like if you're not licensed to carry a concealed weapon, but
you're carrying one anyway, if you use it to shoot someone who's
committing a crime, say a murder even, you're gonna be in trouble, I'm
pretty sure.

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer
Mike Monett

John Fields wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:20:43 -0700, "Richard Henry"
wrote:

[...]

The feds can be so picky. I am aware of a local ham who altered his
portable to be able to listen to police bands. While mountain-biking with
friends, one fellow got badly hurt. He called for help on the Sheriff's
frequency, and the victim was saved. A few days later, the FCC paid him a
visit and confiscated the device.

Lucky they didn't prosecute him, fine him and throw him in jail. He knew what he
was doing was illegal. Broadcasting on an emergency service frequency is just
plain stupid. Especially after 9/11.

He could at least have got himself deputized. It still wouldn't be legal, but he
might have a flimsy excuse that might have kept him out of trouble. The feds have
a job to do, and he knew what he did could get him in deep trouble. Or he should
have.

Well, regardless of whether that action saved the guy's life or not,
the ham hadn't just modified the receiver, which isn't illegal, he'd
modified the transmitter, which was, and he knew it.

Most transceivers have highly integrated transmit/receive circuitry. The
synthesizers that generate the needed frequencies are controlled by the on-board
mpu. The same unit may be sold for different usage, so there must be some means
of restricting the frequency coverage.

Some sets have an internal jumper that bypass these frequency restriction. I
doubt this guy had the equipment needed to redesign a highly integrated portable
rig. Instead, he may have found instructions on the web on how to cut a jumper.

These days, it doesn't matter if your heart is in the right place. You gotta have
all the documents and papers signed and stamped.

[...]

John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer

Mike Monett
Recovering Mold Victim
John Fields

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:03:37 GMT, "fleen_squigger"
wrote:

He shouldn't have had to hide his device, is the point --- Einstein.

---
The point is, cretin, he was operating an illegal, non type-accepted
transmitter on a frequency for which he wasn't licensed.

Not that I'd expect you to understand that, what with your sorry ass
thinking that it's OK to do that if you only do it infrequently enough
that you don't get caught.

Even then, you snuffling, nose-picking piece of ****, if what you were
advocating was laissez-faire, it would only be for your own
convenience, not was was good for everyone.

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer
keith

wrote:

You must be a US citizen, and have a resume for submittal.

This is an illegal requirement. You can be sued for this.

You are badly misinformed.

It is even legal for me to require that you, for example, be of prime
36-DD quality ;-)

Only those with US Coast Guard approved floatation devices need apply?

--
Keith

Joel Kolstad

"Socialists are Miserable Thieves" root@localhost. wrote in message
This is an illegal requirement. You can be sued for this.

You can be sued because someone thinks you're ugly... doesn't mean they'll
win!

John Fields

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 17:44:09 -0400, "Brett Griffin"
wrote:

Well I never imagined I would spawn this much debate over nothing.

Dont worry about it anymore,

---
"Worry about it"? Don't flatter yourself. You're just another creep
who was looking to hoodwink someone into falling for your crap and
then find out at the end of it, sadly, that there were no profits to
share. "Operating expenses" ate them all up.
---

I accomplished what I set out to do.

---
If making yourself look like a disreputable slimeball was your goal,
then I'll agree with you; you've succeeded admirably.
---

I have
several established companies in the US and Canada, who are willing to work
with me on contractual terms.

---
Then why did you even bother to post your "offer" unless you thought
you'd find some sucker stupid enough to fall for it?
---

To answer many of the odd questions and points brought up in this very very
long and pointless discussion.

---
If you think this has been a "long" discussion, you're obviously an
amateur in this melee, and if you think it's been pointless, I
disagree. We all know a lot more about you than we did before, thanks
to you!
---

I have never used another name (specifically I have never used the name
"Tom")in this forum or any other forum.

---
Those posts weren't directed to you, as you'd know if you knew how to
use your newsreader.
---

I have nothing to hide from (except spam).

---
Unbelievable! you post unsolicited off-topic commercial crap on
newsgroups where your junk is unwelcome and you think it's _not_ SPAM?
I guess, from your POV, SPAM is only stuff that annoys _you_.
---

To be honest I have to thank all of your post it was rather quite amusing,
and I enjoyed it.

---
If you really wanted to be honest you wouldn't try to steal precious
time out of someone else's life.

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer
Jim Thompson

wrote:

You must be a US citizen, and have a resume for submittal.

This is an illegal requirement. You can be sued for this.

You are badly misinformed.

It is even legal for me to require that you, for example, be of prime
36-DD quality ;-)

Only those with US Coast Guard approved floatation devices need apply?

Only those with previous work experience at Hooters ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Fred Bloggs

I am looking to take an idea I have had for several years and work on
bringing it to the market.

I am looking for someone who can develop a small hardware/firmware device.
You will need knowlegde of devloping ethernet firmware application,
electronic circuitry design, and other knowledge skills. Contacts and
knowledge in manufacturing from design, and packaging is a plus.

If you or someone you know is interested please contact me throught the
contact form on my website below.

You will need to sign a Non Compete agreement and a Non Disclosure agreement
prior to getting details of the project. There is no pay up front but you
will be given royalties from the sale of the product. You must be a US
citizen, and have a resume for submittal.

College, and Vocational students may apply, but must have a base knowledge
to complete the project over the summer.

You are addressing this proposal to the wrong group. You want to be
talking with an "embedded systems engineer" with strong ethernet
programming skills. This probably will not be much of a job for them as
it is likely you don't know enough to conceive a requirement of any
complexity. The people who know this sub-specialty can draw on several
candidate reference designs off the top of their head very quickly, and
patch together the software already at their disposal to get a prototype
working quickly. The main problem you will have is that the person who
takes you up the the offer will have something wrong with them.