Jim Thompson

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:20:43 -0700, "Richard Henry"
wrote:

"John Fields" wrote in message
.. .

[snip]
He's a sophomoric little ham from Vancouver ("Tom, VA7FAB") who
advocated (in a newsgroup, yet) using lightly trafficked spectrum
space illegally by not doing it enough to get caught. He gets himself
all worked up from time to time and likes to try to annoy me because I
threatened to turn his slimy little criminal ass in to the authorities
and because I gave him some information about SKYPE that he didn't
want to hear about.

By "illegally" do you mean without a license, or intruding into forbidden
bands?

Don't the airwaves belong to the people? Shouldn't the people be allowed to
make any use they want of the airwaves, as long as they don't interfere with
properly licensed/permitted signals, or cause a hazard to others?

The feds can be so picky. I am aware of a local ham who altered his
portable to be able to listen to police bands. While mountain-biking with
friends, one fellow got badly hurt. He called for help on the Sheriff's
frequency, and the victim was saved. A few days later, the FCC paid him a
visit and confiscated the device.

As they should have. He was too damned stupid to hide his "device"
?:-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |