hatim007

Default Nec LCD Monitor 1810X (quick display them goes away)

Hello Guys/Girls

LCD panel, when I press the BNC/D-SUB on the front panel of the monitor
I could see the output from the computer for about 3-5 seconds. with
Perfection.

However, after that it becomes black as deep space. There is power.

Any help will be great.

Thanks
Hatim

Jerry G.

The ballast or lamps may need to be replaced.

--

Jerry G.
======

"hatim007" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello Guys/Girls

LCD panel, when I press the BNC/D-SUB on the front panel of the monitor
I could see the output from the computer for about 3-5 seconds. with
Perfection.

However, after that it becomes black as deep space. There is power.

Any help will be great.

Thanks
Hatim

JW

On 19 Mar 2005 05:52:03 -0800 "hatim007" wrote in
Message id: . com:

Hello Guys/Girls

LCD panel, when I press the BNC/D-SUB on the front panel of the monitor
I could see the output from the computer for about 3-5 seconds. with
Perfection.

However, after that it becomes black as deep space. There is power.

I've fixed two of these with the same symptoms - blown picofuses on the
inverters were the culprit.
Dan LaBell

JW wrote:
On 19 Mar 2005 05:52:03 -0800 "hatim007" wrote in
Message id: . com:

Hello Guys/Girls

LCD panel, when I press the BNC/D-SUB on the front panel of the monitor
I could see the output from the computer for about 3-5 seconds. with
Perfection.

However, after that it becomes black as deep space. There is power.

I've fixed two of these with the same symptoms - blown picofuses on the
inverters were the culprit.

I also have an lcd that behaves similiarly. I found that if I reboot a
few times it will eventually come back on, then that no longer worked.
This lcd comes with a dedicated pci video controller (which provides
power) , and its also dual head. There are some dos utilities that
control turning it lcd only, crt only, and dual, after a few times,
nolonger worked, I hacked up some dos batch files, that would turn the
lcd on and off in loop, and eventually it stays on, but seems to
producing a good amount of heat, and produces a smell, and it takes
longer and longer. I stopped using it, and bought a new lcd monitor,
this was used when I got it, but I'm wondering if it's repairable.