Dan LaBell

JW wrote:
On 19 Mar 2005 05:52:03 -0800 "hatim007" wrote in
Message id: . com:

Hello Guys/Girls

LCD panel, when I press the BNC/D-SUB on the front panel of the monitor
I could see the output from the computer for about 3-5 seconds. with
Perfection.

However, after that it becomes black as deep space. There is power.

I've fixed two of these with the same symptoms - blown picofuses on the
inverters were the culprit.

I also have an lcd that behaves similiarly. I found that if I reboot a
few times it will eventually come back on, then that no longer worked.
This lcd comes with a dedicated pci video controller (which provides
power) , and its also dual head. There are some dos utilities that
control turning it lcd only, crt only, and dual, after a few times,
nolonger worked, I hacked up some dos batch files, that would turn the
lcd on and off in loop, and eventually it stays on, but seems to
producing a good amount of heat, and produces a smell, and it takes
longer and longer. I stopped using it, and bought a new lcd monitor,
this was used when I got it, but I'm wondering if it's repairable.