Aslaner

Default Help with Sony CDP-420GS monitor no power

I have this monitor which has no power, it does not look like the main power
supply is working as I do not hear any tick/tick/tick when I plug it in plus
there is no LEDs coming at any times.

I suspect a bad power supply component, I have checked all the caps which
turned out good.
As usual I don't have a diagram and it is difficult to trace the signal.

Any help appreciated.

Did you check the large transistors and diodes for shorts ?
It sounds like the power supply is shutting down because of a large
current draw.
John

Aslaner

I have checked every components inside that area.
I don't see any shorts or any bad caps.
I have had time to work some more on this, it looks like there is an IC
AN8037 which I suspect now is bad.

has anyone seen these IC fail??

wrote in message
oups.com...
Did you check the large transistors and diodes for shorts ?
It sounds like the power supply is shutting down because of a large
current draw.
John

Aslaner

I have found the problem
It was the IC AN8037 around the power supply.
I ordered some and it worked right away.