Dean Batute

Default Sony KV-32S22 Keeps blowing its power supply

HelloAll,
any help anyone can give me will be GREATLY appreciated. My dad's
Sony TV Model
KV-32S22 keeps blowing its power supply. In one fell swoop I replaced the
Horizontal output transistor,
the blown transistors, resistors and diodes in the power supply and sure
enough it worked...for one day.
Then it blew again

It uses a Type G power supply. I've searched the net for schematics or any
tips with no luck.

Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to provide.

Sincerely....Dean.

john

Look for dry solder joints on Hor drive Transformer
remove it then clean and reinstall.

kip

--
"Watch the return E-Mail addy its false"
"Dean Batute" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
HelloAll,
any help anyone can give me will be GREATLY appreciated. My

dad's
Sony TV Model
KV-32S22 keeps blowing its power supply. In one fell swoop I replaced the
Horizontal output transistor,
the blown transistors, resistors and diodes in the power supply and sure
enough it worked...for one day.
Then it blew again

It uses a Type G power supply. I've searched the net for schematics or

any
tips with no luck.

Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to provide.

Sincerely....Dean.

Jerry G.

The service manual for your set is only available from Sony. Many of
these companies enforce copyright on their publications, and no service
shop will dare to photocopy these manuals or post them publicly.

Most likely the parts you changed are blown again, because you didn't
find the fault. I have seen the horiz driver transformer go defective
or cold soldered. Using non Sony original semiconductors in their sets,
may also cause some failures. These are pre-tested for proper specs,
and are sometimes critical. They sometimes run their specs to the edge
to get the most performance. There are a number of manufacture parts
that are critical like this.

The flyback transformer assy may also cause this type of thing to
happen. For this type of intermittent fault, I have replaced the
driver transformer and flyback along with the HOT, and other associated
parts. Also, it is good to do an ESR test of all the caps in the power
supply and scan circuits. Sometimes high ESR caps can cause damage to
other various components for many complex reasons.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
Instruments http://www.zoom-one.com/glgtech.htm
"Dean Batute" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
HelloAll,
any help anyone can give me will be GREATLY appreciated. My
dad's
Sony TV Model
KV-32S22 keeps blowing its power supply. In one fell swoop I replaced
the
Horizontal output transistor,
the blown transistors, resistors and diodes in the power supply and sure
enough it worked...for one day.
Then it blew again

It uses a Type G power supply. I've searched the net for schematics or
any
tips with no luck.

Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to provide.

Sincerely....Dean.

Andy Cuffe

john wrote:

Look for dry solder joints on Hor drive Transformer
remove it then clean and reinstall.

kip

--

Also make sure to use the exact parts for the transistors. These
supplies don't seem to like subs. I've also heard that the transistors

--
Andy Cuffe

Dean Batute

Default Sony KV-32S22 Keeps blowing its power supply(update)

Hello and thanks to all for the suggestions. Here's how it stands right
now....

I replaced the blown components on the power supply board, resoldered
all the associated points, replaced the Horizontal Output Transistor, and
resoldered all the points in the Horizontal circuit (including the
Horizontal
drive transformer, etc.

Partial success!!! At first it worked fine for about half an hour or so (I
turned it on and off a few times while replacing the back, reconnecting his
cable/vcr, and testing a universal remote.

Now...it turns on for less than a minute before shutting off. The Power
standby LED flashes non stop till I hit power again, at which time it stops
flashing and completely shuts down. At this point I can turn the power on
again (for all of a minute) before it shuts down...etc. etc.

At least it's not blowing components any more. That's a good thing.
Question is...

Now What ??? There's nothing more frustrating that driving blind. I fix
vintage synthesizers for a living and schematics are readily available for
just
about all of them. Not having access to any Sony schematics is frustrating
and I'm not prepared to pay $40-60.U.S. for a photocopy !

Any FURTHER thoughts on this will again be greatly appreciated. Sadly my
dad
was all excited.......for all of half an hour.

Cheers....Dean.

any help anyone can give me will be GREATLY appreciated. My

dad's
Sony TV Model
KV-32S22 keeps blowing its power supply. In one fell swoop I replaced the
Horizontal output transistor,
the blown transistors, resistors and diodes in the power supply and sure
enough it worked...for one day.
Then it blew again

It uses a Type G power supply. I've searched the net for schematics or

any
tips with no luck.

Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to provide.

Sincerely....Dean.

Non-standard ATX power supply - Vectra www.ChantCd.com Electronics 0 July 24th 04 12:31 AM
help with power supply charles Electronics 0 June 20th 04 04:14 AM
Looking for a great deal on a power supply Chris W Electronics 2 November 10th 03 04:42 AM
Power supply repair (Sun) John UK diy 6 November 6th 03 09:57 AM
Repair info for PC power supply L&C LC-235ATX Jeroni Paul Electronics Repair 1 June 27th 03 10:16 PM