Norm

Default Sony Handycam CCD-TRV65 will not power up

My Sony Handycam CCD-TRV65 (Hi8) camcorder will not power up with the
battery pack or with the power adapter. I swapped out the battery
pack and the adapter but it did not help. The camera worked fine the
last time I used it and it has been sitting in a cabinet for about six
months. It hasn't left the house in several years so I don't think
it's a problem with any foreign matter getting inside. The battery
contacts and DC IN contacts are clean.

Any ideas would be helpful. I'm an electrical engineer and I have a
scope but I'm not sure where to start. I don't want to crack open the
case unless I know what to expect.

thanks,
Norm
Andre

"Cosmic Ray" wrote in message news:lhO1b.236595$Ho3.29831@sccrnsc03...
Norm, unless it is a simple fuse problem (fuses are on rear PWA under
battery) I think you will need a service manual.
S/M are ~$50. Available from Andrews Elect. 800-289-0300 or from Sony.
CR

Just a thought, but a simple adjustable DC supply hooked up to the
battery contacts (on the camera) should make it power up . Set the
voltage to whatever it says on the battery (7.2V, etc) .

Make sure to get it round the right way !!!!!

include disclaimer.h
include YMMV.h

om...