DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Help with Sony CDP-420GS monitor no power (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/86444-help-sony-cdp-420gs-monitor-no-power.html)

Aslaner January 15th 05 04:00 PM

Help with Sony CDP-420GS monitor no power

I have this monitor which has no power, it does not look like the main power
supply is working as I do not hear any tick/tick/tick when I plug it in plus
there is no LEDs coming at any times.

I suspect a bad power supply component, I have checked all the caps which
turned out good.
As usual I don't have a diagram and it is difficult to trace the signal.

Any help appreciated.

[email protected] January 16th 05 06:53 PM

Did you check the large transistors and diodes for shorts ?
It sounds like the power supply is shutting down because of a large
current draw.
John

Aslaner January 19th 05 07:56 PM

I have checked every components inside that area.
I don't see any shorts or any bad caps.
I have had time to work some more on this, it looks like there is an IC
AN8037 which I suspect now is bad.

has anyone seen these IC fail??

oups.com...

Aslaner February 9th 05 08:30 PM

I have found the problem
It was the IC AN8037 around the power supply.
I ordered some and it worked right away.