Junior Member

Unhappy KDS VS-7P no high voltage

I have a KDS VS-7P monitor that was purchased 18 months ago, but I just started using it. Warranty has expired and shipping to KDS for repair is way to expensive. Description of problem: Power led comes on. But the relay does not engage. There is filament. If I unplug the degaussing coil relay clicks in, but still no high-voltage. Can anyone tell me what voltages should be coming from the power supply? What should be the voltages on the flyback? Any known issues with the model that may be cause a problem similiar to what I have described?
Joe

Check the solder connections under the relay, I have found the same problem
with 3 KDS over the years. The coil in the relay runs hot and corrupts the
solder.
Check the whole board wile your at it.

-Joe

--
Hank

Junior Member

Thanks for the information Joe. I did resolder several connections. They relays now close with the degaussing coil connected, I can hear the vertical oscillator running and a very slight high voltage crackle when I power the unit off. But I still do not have any display. At this point I think if anyone has a schematic for this unit it would make troubleshooting much easier.

Hank