Reinhard

Default high voltage regulation in monitor

I got a ibm 6547 monitor which flickers when started up also the brightness seems to high.
When put in a high resolution mode it stops flickering. Adjusting the screen voltage on
the flyback has the same effect. My guess is then that there is a problem in the HV
regulation. I checked the supply voltages to be ok. Since it is probably a component which
has run out of its specs instead of being broken it is a bit hard for a novice like me to
find that component.

I found the schematic (a Samsung CKB chassis) on:
http://www.promelec.ru/scheme/CKB5237.pdf

Could someone give me a few hints?

Thanks,

Reinhard

P.S. Just to check my understanding of the faqs: am I correct in stating that this chassis
uses a separate transistor, Q503, for the high voltage creation. And the HOT, Q406, is her
just for the deflection part?

Jerry G.

The fault can be in the high voltage module, high voltage regulation
circuit, and or main power supply. This can be a bit of a tricky type of
problem to troubleshoot.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Reinhard" wrote in message
[...]

Heinz Schmitz

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 20:34:00 +0100, "Reinhard"
wrote:

Try to get a good monitor test software from the web (like the Nokia
one). One of the tests gives a picture alternating between white
and black. If the picture widens considerably when switching from
black to white, that is a good indicator for poor High Voltage
regulation.
(Given the same deflection current, the picture is smaller if the
anode voltage is higher.)
H.