Joel Elias

Default Mitsubishi PIP Bypass - Help

My Mitsubishi CS-35601 has a bad PIP board. Replacing all the caps is beyond
my level of incompetence, but I think I could handle making a bypass.
Searching newsgroups and the web I found a few different configurations for
the bypass and I would appreciate some help in making sure I get it right. I
pulled the board and found the following identification information.

The part number on the board is 930B552.
There is a paper tag on the board with the ID P05010865

Help in getting this right would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance - Joel

7 Mitsubishi PIP bypass sites:

http://members.aol.com/philselectron...ages/pipby.jpg
http://intrepid-video.com/techhelp.h...P_modification
http://members.aol.com/philselectronics/images/pip.gif
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/mitspip.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Nov01/Nov13.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Dec01/Dec15.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Feb02/Feb14.html

The following is the "official" mod from MGA -

1) Parts req'd - two 22uf@50V NP electrolytic caps
2) Remove existing PIP module
3) Install one cap from pin 5 to pin 11 on the VP connector
4) Install the other cap from pin 7 to pin 9 on the VP connector

I Found A Combination That Works To Bypass The Pip 05 Module. Hook Up A
..01 Cap Between Pins 7 And 9 Of Vp. Place A 47uf@50v Elec. Cap Positive
Lead On Pin 5 Of Vp Plug. Solder The Neg Lead To A 4700 1/2 Watt Res &
Solder The Other Res Lead To Pin11. Solder A 2700 Ohm 1/2 Watt Resistor
From Pin 11 To Pin 9 Along With The .01 Cap. This Combo Produces Very

Good Color & Sync On All Channels.

Found This One The Sci.Electronics.Repair Forum....Did Not Try It Yet
But May Be A Good Fix !

What We'Ve Done For This Model Is To Put A 2.7k And 4.7k Resistor In
Series With The (-) Leg Of The 47uf Cap To Ground And Tap The Junction
Of The 2 Resistors And Run That To Pin 11. A Simple Voltage Divider.
Did A Lot Of Experimenting With Potentiometers To Determine The Values
Needed. You Could Always Use A 10k Pot To Do This And Would Have
Something That Is Adjustable. You Will Need About 1.7v P-P At Pin 11
When Done Instead Of Around 2.7v P-P That You Get When Simply Bypassing
With That 47uf Cap

here's another

Change R7050 1.2k , R7024 1.8k , R7051 1.8k , R7002 1.5k R7034 Should
Be 0 Ohm And May Already Be That Value R7011 Remove And Discard. R7029
470k And May Already Be That Value

Sidney

Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/May02/May18.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/SonyAudMod.html
http://www.newark.com/product-detail...ge/32-9495.jpg
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Oct02/Oct028.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Oct02/Oct029.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Oct04/Oct041.html

Joel Elias

Thanks Sidney for the reply. In my web and NG searches, I did find most of
the references you cited. My problem is too much information. I am not a
tech and rebuilding the board is clearly beyond my abilities. There are
several references to different bypass configs that I could probably put
together but I am not in a position to make a rational choice between them.

Does anyone know of a bypass fix that WILL work well with the CS35601 with
all video inputs?

I've also seen a bypass kit on sale at eBay for $15 from TipsMaster color TV
Repairs. Does anyone have any info on what this consists of and whether it
will work on a CS35601? Other pre-made bypasses?

Another option is to try to find someone to rebuild the board for me or find
a rebuilt board. Any suggestions?

I really don't want to put a lot of money into a 15+ year-old TV so am
looking for low-cost options.

Thanks in advance - Joel

wrote in message
ups.com...
7 Mitsubishi PIP bypass sites:

http://members.aol.com/philselectron...ages/pipby.jpg
http://intrepid-video.com/techhelp.h...P_modification
http://members.aol.com/philselectronics/images/pip.gif
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/mitspip.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Nov01/Nov13.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Dec01/Dec15.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Feb02/Feb14.html

Leonard Caillouet

IIRC with the XX601 models you have to compensate for the different input
and output levels of the video for the PIP module. It is a little more
complex than a simple cap bypass. Look at the NESDA Ohio site links for the
specific answers to your question.

Leonard

"Joel Elias" wrote in message
[...]

ups.com...