Sheldon Hartling

Default Bypass PIP on Mitsubishi CS-35601C?

Can anyone provide details on how to bypass the PIP module on a Mitsubishi
model 35601?

I understand, with this model, it's not enough to install the capacitors as
described below... because of a requirement to attenuate the luminance
signal.

To bypass the PIP module on Mitsubishi:
a) install a 47uf 16-25 volt cap between pin 5 (+) and pin 11 (-); and
b) install a .01uf 50 volt disc cap between pin 7 and pin 9.

Thanks for any help! and
Best regards
Sheldon

Leonard Caillouet

http://www.nesda-ohio.com/

Look in the featured articles for the specifics.

Leonard Caillouet

"Sheldon Hartling" wrote in
message .. .
Can anyone provide details on how to bypass the PIP module on a Mitsubishi
model 35601?

I understand, with this model, it's not enough to install the capacitors

as
described below... because of a requirement to attenuate the luminance
signal.

To bypass the PIP module on Mitsubishi:
a) install a 47uf 16-25 volt cap between pin 5 (+) and pin 11 (-); and
b) install a .01uf 50 volt disc cap between pin 7 and pin 9.

Thanks for any help! and
Best regards
Sheldon

James Sweet

"Sheldon Hartling" wrote in
message .. .
Can anyone provide details on how to bypass the PIP module on a Mitsubishi
model 35601?

I understand, with this model, it's not enough to install the capacitors

as
described below... because of a requirement to attenuate the luminance
signal.

To bypass the PIP module on Mitsubishi:
a) install a 47uf 16-25 volt cap between pin 5 (+) and pin 11 (-); and
b) install a .01uf 50 volt disc cap between pin 7 and pin 9.

Thanks for any help! and
Best regards
Sheldon

Why don't you just fix the PiP module? I've done a few of them, it's not
really all that difficult or expensive.

Leonard Caillouet

Most of the ones we are seeing these days are beyond reasonable and reliable
repair because of extensive corrosion of the traces, particularly those at
the chip. We have repaired dozens of these over the years but are seeing
many more now that are eaten up really badly. If you don't clean all of the
electrolyte and corrosion off it is likely that there will be problems again
eventually.

I suspect that our problem is worse in FL because of the heat and humidity,
but there are many of these that are just not worth trying to fix.

Leonard Caillouet

"James Sweet" wrote in message

"Sheldon Hartling" wrote in
message .. .
Can anyone provide details on how to bypass the PIP module on a

Mitsubishi
model 35601?

I understand, with this model, it's not enough to install the capacitors

as
described below... because of a requirement to attenuate the luminance
signal.

To bypass the PIP module on Mitsubishi:
a) install a 47uf 16-25 volt cap between pin 5 (+) and pin 11 (-); and
b) install a .01uf 50 volt disc cap between pin 7 and pin 9.

Thanks for any help! and
Best regards
Sheldon

Why don't you just fix the PiP module? I've done a few of them, it's not
really all that difficult or expensive.

Bill Jr

What we've done for this model is to put a 2.7k and 4.7k resistor in series
with the (-) leg of the 47uf cap to ground and tap the junction of the 2
resistors and run that to pin 11.
A simple voltage divider.
Did a lot of experimenting with potentiometers to determine the values
needed.
You could always use a 10k pot to do this and would have something that is
adjustable.
You will need about 1.7v p-p at pin 11 when done instead of around 2.7v p-p
that you get when simply bypassing with that 47uf cap.

Good Luck,
Bill Jr

"Sheldon Hartling" wrote in
message .. .
Can anyone provide details on how to bypass the PIP module on a Mitsubishi
model 35601?

I understand, with this model, it's not enough to install the capacitors

as
described below... because of a requirement to attenuate the luminance
signal.

To bypass the PIP module on Mitsubishi:
a) install a 47uf 16-25 volt cap between pin 5 (+) and pin 11 (-); and
b) install a .01uf 50 volt disc cap between pin 7 and pin 9.

Thanks for any help! and
Best regards
Sheldon

Sheldon Hartling

Thanks Leonard for the excellent reference.

I've confirmed this set has the 930B552012 PIP module. Do you know if it
can be bypassed with just the capacitors or are additional steps required
to attenuate the luminance?

Thanks and best regards,
Sheldon

"Leonard Caillouet" wrote in

http://www.nesda-ohio.com/

Look in the featured articles for the specifics.

Leonard Caillouet

Sheldon Hartling

Leonard and Bill Jr.

Thank you both for your help!

The bypass is done ... it works like a charm.

Best regards,
Sheldon

"Bill Jr" wrote in
om:

What we've done for this model is to put a 2.7k and 4.7k resistor in
series with the (-) leg of the 47uf cap to ground and tap the junction
of the 2 resistors and run that to pin 11.
A simple voltage divider. ...

Alan Harriman

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 13:03:12 GMT, "Bill Jr" wrote:

What we've done for this model is to put a 2.7k and 4.7k resistor in series
with the (-) leg of the 47uf cap to ground and tap the junction of the 2
resistors and run that to pin 11.
A simple voltage divider.
Did a lot of experimenting with potentiometers to determine the values
needed.
You could always use a 10k pot to do this and would have something that is
adjustable.
You will need about 1.7v p-p at pin 11 when done instead of around 2.7v p-p
that you get when simply bypassing with that 47uf cap.

Great advise. I'll save that for future reference.

Alan Harriman

Good Luck,
Bill Jr

"Sheldon Hartling" wrote in