Leonard Caillouet

IIRC with the XX601 models you have to compensate for the different input
and output levels of the video for the PIP module. It is a little more
complex than a simple cap bypass. Look at the NESDA Ohio site links for the
specific answers to your question.

Leonard

"Joel Elias" wrote in message
Thanks Sidney for the reply. In my web and NG searches, I did find most of
the references you cited. My problem is too much information. I am not a
tech and rebuilding the board is clearly beyond my abilities. There are
several references to different bypass configs that I could probably put
together but I am not in a position to make a rational choice between

them.

Does anyone know of a bypass fix that WILL work well with the CS35601 with
all video inputs?

I've also seen a bypass kit on sale at eBay for $15 from TipsMaster color

TV
Repairs. Does anyone have any info on what this consists of and whether it
will work on a CS35601? Other pre-made bypasses?

Another option is to try to find someone to rebuild the board for me or

find
a rebuilt board. Any suggestions?

I really don't want to put a lot of money into a 15+ year-old TV so am
looking for low-cost options.

Thanks in advance - Joel

wrote in message
ups.com...