Jonathan

Default HP LJ 5 replacement fan?

Hi,
My LaserJet 5's main cooling fan (the one at the top rear of the
printer) failed recently.

The dead fan is an NMB model 3610ML-05W-B39. It's a 92x92x25mm fan,
brushless, 24vdc, with tachometer. I don't know the CFM rating but I'd
say judging by the dead fan's current rating (.11A) and personal
observation, that it's fairly low.

Could someone suggest a replacement for this fan as well as a source?
I've located several replacement fans (for as low as US$4.00) but they
don't have the tachometer wire.

thanks,
Jonathan
PJ

"Jonathan" wrote in message ...
Hi,
My LaserJet 5's main cooling fan (the one at the top rear of the printer) failed recently.

The dead fan is an NMB model 3610ML-05W-B39. It's a 92x92x25mm fan, brushless, 24vdc, with tachometer. I don't know
the CFM rating but I'd say judging by the dead fan's current rating (.11A) and personal observation, that it's fairly
low.

Could someone suggest a replacement for this fan as well as a source? I've located several replacement fans (for as
low as US$4.00) but they don't have the tachometer wire.

thanks,
Jonathan

You might try here. This type of fan is common in VFD motor drives...Paul

http://naindustrial.com/?c=Fans&page=5

Harr Lee

Jonathan,

Try this site.
Harr

http://www2.printerworks.com/cgi-win/tpwall.exe/list5

Jonathan

Harr Lee wrote:
Jonathan,

Try this site.
Harr

http://www2.printerworks.com/cgi-win/tpwall.exe/list5

Thanks, looks like they have refurb'ed fans for $22.50. Not too bad...

-Jonathan
PJ

"Jonathan" wrote in message ...
Hi,
My LaserJet 5's main cooling fan (the one at the top rear of the printer) failed recently.

The dead fan is an NMB model 3610ML-05W-B39. It's a 92x92x25mm fan, brushless, 24vdc, with tachometer. I don't know
the CFM rating but I'd say judging by the dead fan's current rating (.11A) and personal observation, that it's fairly
low.

Could someone suggest a replacement for this fan as well as a source? I've located several replacement fans (for as
low as US$4.00) but they don't have the tachometer wire.

thanks,
Jonathan

Jonathan: If this fan has an open collector for the tachometer output, you might be able
to use a cheap 12 volt tachometer fan. Drop the 24 with a 12 volt regulator.....Paul

Junior Member

Exclamation

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I came across this forum while doing a google search for a Laserjet 5 NMB fan with the part # 3610ML-05W-B39. I refused to pay $40-120 for this fan, so I bought a brand new Thermaltake 9025A-2B double ball bearing fan for $6. I removed both new bearings from the Thermaltake fan and swapped them out with the defective bearings in the NMB fan. The NMB is good as new now.

I hope this post is able to help others out in the future.