DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   HP LJ 5 replacement fan? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/77648-hp-lj-5-replacement-fan.html)

Jonathan November 15th 04 07:23 PM

HP LJ 5 replacement fan?

Hi,
My LaserJet 5's main cooling fan (the one at the top rear of the
printer) failed recently.

The dead fan is an NMB model 3610ML-05W-B39. It's a 92x92x25mm fan,
brushless, 24vdc, with tachometer. I don't know the CFM rating but I'd
say judging by the dead fan's current rating (.11A) and personal
observation, that it's fairly low.

Could someone suggest a replacement for this fan as well as a source?
I've located several replacement fans (for as low as US$4.00) but they
don't have the tachometer wire.

thanks,
Jonathan

PJ November 15th 04 08:22 PM

"Jonathan" wrote in message ...
Hi,
My LaserJet 5's main cooling fan (the one at the top rear of the printer) failed recently.

The dead fan is an NMB model 3610ML-05W-B39. It's a 92x92x25mm fan, brushless, 24vdc, with tachometer. I don't know
the CFM rating but I'd say judging by the dead fan's current rating (.11A) and personal observation, that it's fairly
low.

Could someone suggest a replacement for this fan as well as a source? I've located several replacement fans (for as
low as US$4.00) but they don't have the tachometer wire.

thanks,
Jonathan

You might try here. This type of fan is common in VFD motor drives...Paul

http://naindustrial.com/?c=Fans&page=5

Harr Lee November 16th 04 12:35 AM

Jonathan,

Try this site.
Harr

http://www2.printerworks.com/cgi-win/tpwall.exe/list5

Jonathan November 16th 04 01:38 PM

Harr Lee wrote:
Jonathan,

Try this site.
Harr

http://www2.printerworks.com/cgi-win/tpwall.exe/list5

Thanks, looks like they have refurb'ed fans for $22.50. Not too bad...

-Jonathan

PJ November 17th 04 07:28 PM

"Jonathan" wrote in message ...
Hi,
My LaserJet 5's main cooling fan (the one at the top rear of the printer) failed recently.

The dead fan is an NMB model 3610ML-05W-B39. It's a 92x92x25mm fan, brushless, 24vdc, with tachometer. I don't know
the CFM rating but I'd say judging by the dead fan's current rating (.11A) and personal observation, that it's fairly
low.

Could someone suggest a replacement for this fan as well as a source? I've located several replacement fans (for as
low as US$4.00) but they don't have the tachometer wire.

thanks,
Jonathan

Jonathan: If this fan has an open collector for the tachometer output, you might be able
to use a cheap 12 volt tachometer fan. Drop the 24 with a 12 volt regulator.....Paul

BYTES July 10th 06 06:05 PM

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I came across this forum while doing a google search for a Laserjet 5 NMB fan with the part # 3610ML-05W-B39. I refused to pay $40-120 for this fan, so I bought a brand new Thermaltake 9025A-2B double ball bearing fan for $6. I removed both new bearings from the Thermaltake fan and swapped them out with the defective bearings in the NMB fan. The NMB is good as new now. :)

I hope this post is able to help others out in the future.