Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Sidney

Default 27" RCA tv model:F27665,chassis:CTC203AX

27" RCA stereo TV model:F27665YX1,chassis:CTC203AX,year:Jan
2000,serial # 003313575,Sams 4776.Free CTC203 Sams E-Fact at:

SAMS 4733 RCA CTC203 & SAMS 4737 Sanyo DS25520

http://www.samswebsite.com/photofact...SAMPLE_420.PDF

No power when power button is pressed but after repeated presses of
power button (about 3 or 4) then relay clicks and the SMPS has a high
pitch/high freq noise then the tv shuts down again and the relay
clicks on it's on 3 more times (a total of 4 clicks for every time I
press the power button) then stops. I don't have a chip checker.
The B+ is 140v at the flyback and HOT and the base signal on the HOT
is clean, I did not measure the ac waveform at the collector of the
HOT as I am afraid I might destroy my TEK465 oscilloscope. The flyback
does not seem to be running during the on cycles of the relay,I rang
the flyback and SMPS with the calibration output of my TEK465 and two
0.1Uf poly caps:

http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/flypoor.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Dec02/Dec021.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Dec02/Dec023.html

and both x-fmrs rang good. This TV was recently was brought to me by
the customer who had it at another shop because they wanted too much
to fix it and I noticed that they had resoldered T14101=SMPS x-fmrs
and they had Q14401=2SD2578=244229=NTE2353 removed then re-installed
(soldered in again).
I removed & resoldered L14401=hrz base coil and T14301=hrz driver
x-fmr even though the soldering looked good, I did scrape the leads. I
also checked the following common failure parts:

RCA SMPS Kit # 139706:

Q14101=P9NB50=244223
Q14102=MPS8599=147665=NTE159
Q14103=NTE287=232218
CR14109=243626
R14103=1 M ohm,1/2 w
R14107=47 ohm,1/4 w
U14102=231525
U14101=223653
F14201= 5 amp fuse

The only odd thing is when I removed the HOT=2SD2578 the base-emitter
measured only 70 ohms so I tried a brand new NTE2353 and the tv had
the same problem so I decided to remove the NTE2353 and I measured
it's base-emitter and discovered it was 44 ohms. I should of measured
it before soldering it in the tv and powering it up. According to NTE
this equivalent does not have a base-emitter resistor,is this a normal
value for these two HOTS?.
I have checked as many repair tips sites as possible and the only
conclusion I have is that maybe the flyback
T14401=1536119A=244229=HR8675 is defective as about 60% of this
chassis have it even though it rings good. I hate this chassis it is
worse the the CTC169 and TX81/82/825/826/808/809 and yes I measured
most components with my Fluke DMM series II model 29 in ohms range and
measured the DC voltages out of the SMPS like 12v,33v and 5v.
Thanks in advance for replies.

Sidney

Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada