Jason D.

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 18:02:11 -0400, "Art"
wrote:

Also address the L14401 problem on the chassis before returning it for use.
"RonKZ650" wrote in message

Sidney already addressed the L14401.

Use 242224 for HOT (Q14401) this is used on both 25" and 27" model of
203 chassis. No subs please.

Does your chassis have PIP module? Pull it out and look really close
at two SMD resistors for trimming adjustable regulator LM417 voltage
output it is on steel heatsink to source 3.3V power for PIP IC. One
of two SMD resistors has cracked solder joint. I caught 3 cases of
those and they behaved exactly like you described. 3 strikes and out
because the PIP IC and it's voltage conversion transistor on that I2C
bus is "dead" and jamming the I2C bus.

Flyback failures is extremely rare on 25 and 27. But can happen,
check PIP module as I suggested.

Cheers,

Wizard