Trevor Brown

Default Grafikon Colour Analyser

Hi, Does anyone have any information regarding a Grafikon Colour Analyser.
There is no model number on the case, but there are two analogue meters on
the front panel, measuring R and B wrt Green. There are two thumbwheel
decade switches (trims for r and g), and three press buttons for Lum, H/L
and times 3 gain. The unit seems to basically work, but if anyone has any
information, circuit diagram or alignment information, that would be most
helpful. Even the operating instructions would be a start.

Thanks in advance.

Trevor.

Jerry G.

Grafikon will not give out any schematics, or technical service
information for this meter. To calibrate it, you would require the
proper calibration filter groups, reflection references, and light
source. It is a fairly complicated arrangement to calibrate a colour
meter.

If you are using the meter in-house as a reference tool for colour
repeatability, and not using it to reference your products to facilities
outside, the calibration would not be critical in this case. If you are
going to reference your product to other facilities using colour
standards, that are using their own colour meters, then calibration will
be a very strong issue.

--

Jerry G.
======

"Trevor Brown" wrote in message
Hi, Does anyone have any information regarding a Grafikon Colour
Analyser.
There is no model number on the case, but there are two analogue meters
on
the front panel, measuring R and B wrt Green. There are two thumbwheel
decade switches (trims for r and g), and three press buttons for Lum,
H/L
and times 3 gain. The unit seems to basically work, but if anyone has
any
information, circuit diagram or alignment information, that would be
most
helpful. Even the operating instructions would be a start.

Thanks in advance.

Trevor.

none

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 01:31:51 +0100, "Trevor Brown"
wrote:

Hi, Does anyone have any information regarding a Grafikon Colour Analyser.
There is no model number on the case, but there are two analogue meters on
the front panel, measuring R and B wrt Green. There are two thumbwheel
decade switches (trims for r and g), and three press buttons for Lum, H/L
and times 3 gain. The unit seems to basically work, but if anyone has any
information, circuit diagram or alignment information, that would be most
helpful. Even the operating instructions would be a start.

Thanks in advance.

Trevor.

Can'tr remember ever seeing one with that brand name in my three and a
half decades in commercial photography.
Sounds like it's a analyser for color printing? Additive as well.
Any way you could post a image of it?
I've used just about every analyser ever made at one time or another
and would recognise who actually made it.(sounds to me very much like
one made by Phillips back in the early 80's. It was marketed under
several different names.)
The high/low would be for exposure(f-stop adjustment. The times three
gain would be for dense negatives perhaps?
I guessing the Luminance would be for filtration?
On the phillips a diffuser was used on the enlarger to give an AWB for
filter settings for subtrative head enlargers(YMC)
On the tricolor additive enlargers this unit was designed for the
enlarger head had RGB filter wheels and there was a process of reading
each filter and with the analyser(matching filter wheel built into the
spot reader with complemetary filters you'd adjust the duration on the
enlarger timer for each filter(RGB).
Post a pic or two of your unit and I'll look it up and see if I can
get you the manual.(post the info on the manufacturers label or
sticker as well. Should be on the back or bottom of the unit.)

Trevor Brown

This isn't a photographic analyser, hence rgb not myc. It's for adjusting
the grey scale tracking of television monitors,and is definitely made by
Grafikon. (it's a uk based company that mainly dealt with broadcast tv
equipment).

Thanks to everybody that's replied so far.

Trevor.

wrote:

[...]

WEBPA

This isn't a photographic analyser, hence rgb not myc. It's for adjusting
the grey scale tracking of television monitors,and is definitely made by
Grafikon. (it's a uk based company that mainly dealt with broadcast tv
equipment).

Thanks to everybody that's replied so far.

I'm sure you are correct about your device...but don't jump to conclusions
about RGB versus YCM. I spent years using (US) Greylab RGB densitometer to
control the chemistry in reversal motion picture film processing machines.
There was an interchangeable filter head for YCM so the same machine could be
used for negative processing.

p a w e b e r 0 2 @ a o l . c o m
webpa