Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default B&K FET-VOM 179, service manual

Hi.... I still looking for a service manual för either B&K FET-VOM 179 or KYORITSU FET-VOM K-200. I would like to adjust the instrument in a proper way. I have found some schematic on the net. And it seems that there are at least 2 version of that instrument.

Best regards from SWEDEN
Bo-Lennart Karlsson

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 9/21/20 7:23 AM, Bo-Lennart wrote:
I still looking for a service manual för either B&K FET-VOM 179

Have you tried the B&K website? They claim to have manuals for
everything they ever made.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

måndag 21 september 2020 kl. 16:20:55 UTC+2 skrev Fox's Mercantile:
On 9/21/20 7:23 AM, Bo-Lennart wrote:
I still looking for a service manual för either B&K FET-VOM 179

Have you tried the B&K website? They claim to have manuals for
everything they ever made.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
WA6FWi
http:foxsmercantile.com

Thanks Fox....Yes I have been at theire site. But no luck. I have send them an e-mail, but no reply yet. BTW, I'm also a radio-ham, callsign: SM4JLV. Thanks again for helping me to solve my problem. Thanks.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Bo-Lennart schrieb:
Hi.... I still looking for a service manual för either B&K FET-VOM 179 or KYORITSU FET-VOM K-200. I would like to adjust the instrument in a proper way. I have found some schematic on the net. And it seems that there are at least 2 version of that instrument.

As to the Kyoritsu K-200 FET-VOM you can download it

here
https://elektrotanya.com/showresult?what=kyoritsu+k-200&kategoria=All&kat2=All

for free.

HTH

Reinhard
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

måndag 21 september 2020 kl. 19:35:29 UTC+2 skrev Reinhard Zwirner:
Bo-Lennart schrieb:
Hi.... I still looking for a service manual för either B&K FET-VOM 179 or KYORITSU FET-VOM K-200. I would like to adjust the instrument in a proper way. I have found some schematic on the net. And it seems that there are at least 2 version of that instrument.

As to the Kyoritsu K-200 FET-VOM you can download it

here
https://elektrotanya.com/showresult?what=kyoritsu+k-200&kategoria=All&kat2=All

for free.

HTH

Reinhard

Thank You, Reinhard.... but I have allreafy downloaded those dokument. The document just tell how to operate the instrument. To set the DC-cal and AC-cal is very obviously. But it dosen't say anything how to set the BIAS-control. I have looked at other FET-VOM service manual, there they explain how to set the BIAS. They say that I should take another volt-meter and connect the positive lead to the positive terminal of the movement and the negative test-lead to the minus jack. There I will see a voltage. My voltage is between 0.3 to 0,800 Volt when I turn the BIAS-control from end to end. But at what voltage should I leave the BIAS-control??? That is my question.
Thanks anyway for Your reply.
Bo-Lennart

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 9/21/20 11:57 AM, Bo-Lennart wrote:
Thanks Fox....Yes I have been at theire site. But no luck. I have send them an e-mail, but no reply yet. BTW, I'm also a radio-ham, callsign: SM4JLV. Thanks again for helping me to solve my problem. Thanks.

I have a B&K Model 400 CRT tester. It not on any of the usual
places you find a manual.
I sent a query to B&K and they said that unfortunately they
did not have that specific manual.
It was via email and it took a day or two for them to get back
to me.
Id did some searching and found the manual for sale on web
site. I sent a message to the owner that I was interested.
I paid for the manual and he sent me a few other things
elated to it.

Then I sat down with my scanner and put it all into 3-4 pdf
files. One, of course, got uploaded to BAMA. Another copy got
sent to B&K, "And now you DO have a copy of the manual."

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

tisdag 22 september 2020 kl. 01:29:31 UTC+2 skrev Fox's Mercantile:
[...]

Hi again Fox....
Nice thing You did there. I've start thinking, that there is no service-manual of those two FET-VOM-instrument. If I make a search for a service-manual, it always pop-up Operating Manual. But thats not an service-manual. It includes a schematic, OK, but if there is controls that are not mentioned how to set, it's not a service manual. It seems that I'm searching for something that not exsist.
But I will not give up. I'm like You.
Thanks again

Bo-Lennart

KYORITSU FET-VOM K-200. How to set BIAS? Bo-Lennart Electronics Repair 4 January 16th 20 11:33 AM
VOM -- How to use [email protected] Home Repair 40 June 10th 07 12:48 PM
VOM GregS Electronics Repair 4 October 26th 06 10:13 PM
RCA Institutes VOM Schematic Needed dale allen Electronics Repair 0 January 23rd 06 01:35 AM
B&K 290 VOM calibrate procedure needed. JOHN D Electronics Repair 1 March 28th 05 08:22 AM