Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default AR CD-04 CD player display

Hello all,

A customer has an AR CD-04 with a bad display. This is a 4 digit green
LED display on a small board that mounts to the front panel board.

While the machine is a Philips/Magnavox based player, I do not know
what an equivalent model that might share the same display is.

Since I'd guess that many of these have been scrapped because of a
defective CDM-2 mechanism, I'm hoping someone has saved a chassis that
might have a good display or display board that they would be willing to
sell me.

Gentlemen, please check you junk rooms!

Regards,
Tim Schawrtz
Bristol Electronics
Ho-Ho-Kus, New Jersey
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...w=1920&bih=969

Maybe just replace the LED Display?

Been there, done that, although not necessarily with the same color.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Maybe the flat ribbon cable ; just shrten it at the end.

Tim Schwartz a écrit le 21/02/2019 Ã* 21:19Â*:
Hello all,

Â*Â*Â*Â*A customer has an AR CD-04 with a bad display.Â* This is a 4 digit
green LED display on a small board that mounts to the front panel board.

Â*Â*Â*Â*While the machine is a Philips/Magnavox based player, I do not
know what an equivalent model that might share the same display is.

Â*Â*Â*Â*Since I'd guess that many of these have been scrapped because of a
defective CDM-2 mechanism, I'm hoping someone has saved a chassis that
might have a good display or display board that they would be willing
to sell me.

Â*Â*Â*Â*Gentlemen, please check you junk rooms!

Regards,
Tim Schawrtz
Bristol Electronics
Ho-Ho-Kus, New Jersey

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Not possible to change the display to something else. This is a welded
construction type with a 'blob chip' on the back of the board that
interfaced to the microprocessor. Must be original type.

Thanks for the thought,
Tim
Bristol Electronics

On 2/21/2019 3:53 PM, wrote:
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...w=1920&bih=969

Maybe just replace the LED Display?

Been there, done that, although not necessarily with the same color.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2019-02-21, Tim Schwartz wrote:
A customer has an AR CD-04 with a bad display. This is a 4 digit green
LED display on a small board that mounts to the front panel board.

While the machine is a Philips/Magnavox based player, I do not know
what an equivalent model that might share the same display is.

I believe the Philips CD160, CD460, CD560, Magnavox CDB460, CDB560 and
Sylvania CD1650 have this display. There are a few on eBay but they're
not cheap!

There is a design for a DIY retrofit which may or may not be suitable:
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...ransports.html

-- Adam