DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   AR CD-04 CD player display (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/631523-ar-cd-04-cd-player-display.html)

Tim Schwartz[_2_] February 21st 19 08:19 PM

AR CD-04 CD player display

Hello all,

A customer has an AR CD-04 with a bad display. This is a 4 digit green
LED display on a small board that mounts to the front panel board.

While the machine is a Philips/Magnavox based player, I do not know
what an equivalent model that might share the same display is.

Since I'd guess that many of these have been scrapped because of a
defective CDM-2 mechanism, I'm hoping someone has saved a chassis that
might have a good display or display board that they would be willing to
sell me.

Gentlemen, please check you junk rooms!

Regards,
Tim Schawrtz
Bristol Electronics
Ho-Ho-Kus, New Jersey

[email protected] February 21st 19 08:53 PM

AR CD-04 CD player display

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...w=1920&bih=969

Maybe just replace the LED Display?

Been there, done that, although not necessarily with the same color.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Look165 February 21st 19 09:02 PM

AR CD-04 CD player display

Maybe the flat ribbon cable ; just shrten it at the end.

Tim Schwartz a écrit le 21/02/2019 Ã* 21:19Â*:
Hello all,

Â*Â*Â*Â*A customer has an AR CD-04 with a bad display.Â* This is a 4 digit
green LED display on a small board that mounts to the front panel board.

Â*Â*Â*Â*While the machine is a Philips/Magnavox based player, I do not
know what an equivalent model that might share the same display is.

Â*Â*Â*Â*Since I'd guess that many of these have been scrapped because of a
defective CDM-2 mechanism, I'm hoping someone has saved a chassis that
might have a good display or display board that they would be willing
to sell me.

Â*Â*Â*Â*Gentlemen, please check you junk rooms!

Regards,
Tim Schawrtz
Bristol Electronics
Ho-Ho-Kus, New Jersey

Tim Schwartz[_2_] February 22nd 19 12:35 AM

AR CD-04 CD player display

Not possible to change the display to something else. This is a welded
construction type with a 'blob chip' on the back of the board that
interfaced to the microprocessor. Must be original type.

Thanks for the thought,
Tim
Bristol Electronics

Adam[_12_] February 22nd 19 05:23 AM

AR CD-04 CD player display

On 2019-02-21, Tim Schwartz wrote:
A customer has an AR CD-04 with a bad display. This is a 4 digit green
LED display on a small board that mounts to the front panel board.

While the machine is a Philips/Magnavox based player, I do not know
what an equivalent model that might share the same display is.

I believe the Philips CD160, CD460, CD560, Magnavox CDB460, CDB560 and
Sylvania CD1650 have this display. There are a few on eBay but they're
not cheap!

There is a design for a DIY retrofit which may or may not be suitable:
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...ransports.html

-- Adam