Andreas Ulmer

Default TFT display pinout / use laptop display separately? [palme7]

Hi,

I want to use the TFT of an old laptop as server screen. has anyone
the pinout of the motherboard plug of ohen of the following laptops?

Siemens / Fujitsu-Siemens Mobile 360

Siemens / Fujitsu-Siemens Mobile Amilo M 6100 (preferred - I already tore
this one apart :-| )

anyone done this before? (used a laptop screen on a normnal pc)?

thanks for any help,
Andreas

Tim Mitchell

In article , Andreas Ulmer
writes
Hi,

I want to use the TFT of an old laptop as server screen. has anyone
the pinout of the motherboard plug of ohen of the following laptops?

Siemens / Fujitsu-Siemens Mobile 360

Siemens / Fujitsu-Siemens Mobile Amilo M 6100 (preferred - I already tore
this one apart :-| )

anyone done this before? (used a laptop screen on a normnal pc)?

thanks for any help,
Andreas

Coo, this question is asked a lot!

The short answer is you can't, because the LCD driver is integrated on
the motherboard of the laptop.
--
Tim Mitchell
Franc Zabkar

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 10:32:31 GMT, "Andreas Ulmer"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I want to use the TFT of an old laptop as server screen. has anyone
the pinout of the motherboard plug of ohen of the following laptops?

Siemens / Fujitsu-Siemens Mobile 360

Siemens / Fujitsu-Siemens Mobile Amilo M 6100 (preferred - I already tore
this one apart :-| )

anyone done this before? (used a laptop screen on a normnal pc)?

thanks for any help,
Andreas

Notebooks typically use an LVDS interface between display and
motherboard. Graphics cards use TMDS in their DVI interfaces. While
these standards may appear superficially similar, they are not
compatible.

LVDS and TMDS are explained and compared he
http://www.national.com/nationaledge/may01/lvds.html

Here is a product spec, including pinouts, for a typical LG-Philips
panel:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~fzab...21x04-b2p2.pdf

- Franc Zabkar