Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Convert a 45 RPM record to Metric

On Fri, 1 Sep 2017 12:58:20 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Mars-type screw-up is, perhaps, not a bad thing.

There is also the "Gimli Glider" incident. Only due to tremendous luck
and pilot flying skill, nobody died.
--
RoRo
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

Mars-type screw-up is, perhaps, not a bad thing.

There is also the "Gimli Glider" incident. Only due to tremendous luck
and pilot flying skill, nobody died.

I found one account to be a good read with this...

"A crew of engineers from Winnipeg airport clambered into a van and headed
for Gimli to assess the damage. During transit, however, their vehicle
unexpectedly ran out of fuel, nearly ripping a hole in the delicate
space-irony continuum. "

https://www.damninteresting.com/the-gimli-glider/

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2/09/2017 1:40 AM, rickman wrote:
Trevor Wilson wrote on 9/1/2017 6:26 AM:
On 1/09/2017 5:50 PM, rickman wrote:
Trevor Wilson wrote on 8/31/2017 11:07 PM:

I guess you can thank your brain-damaged Prez (at the time - Reagan)
for
that stupidity. Come to think of it, you have another brain-damaged
Prez
running the show again. What gives with you guys? You seem to vote for
people with the intellect of a 10 year old every now and again.

Seems to me electing bad leaders is not unique to the US.Â* Which country
are you from?Â* Never had any bad leaders, huh?

**Australia and, yes. We've had a few, but none quite as appalling as
Trump.

I know little about your leaders, but you have some great entertainment.
Jim Jefferies is a hoot, but I like his specials better than his show.
I watch several TV shows from down under, Ms Fletcher, Rake, Dr. Blake,
and I'm just startng Bess...

**Dunno who Jim Jefferies is. I will have to download some. Mrs
Fletcher, Rake and Dr Blake are all staples in my household. There are
others, but they probably don't travel well:

Shaun Micallef's MAD AS HELL, Utopia, The Weekly With Charlie Pickering.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

RCA 45 RPM record player parts needed [email protected] Electronics Repair 3 July 1st 06 03:32 AM
3 Phase 184 Frame Motor/ 1800 RPM [email protected] Metalworking 2 December 13th 04 05:40 PM
Beal Buffing (RPM) Alan Woodturning 2 November 2nd 03 05:29 PM
Adding LED RPM Meter to a Oneway Lathe Steven D. Russell Woodturning 18 September 3rd 03 01:23 PM
How do I fond RPM in Briggs & Stratton engine shawn n cheryl Home Repair 0 July 21st 03 03:23 AM