Default 3 Phase 184 Frame Motor/ 1800 RPM

I am going to put a larger motor in my lathe and it now has a 2HP 3
Phase 184 Frame Motor/ 1800 RPM from the 1950's made by Lima Electric
Motor. Will the current NEMA frame size in the 184 frame match my
current hole configuration where the old motor bolted to inside of the
cabinet? I was going to move up to a 3HP motor. The lathe is a Sheldon
WM56P.

Thanks for any help. -Steve

larry g

Steve
Have you looked for your Sheldon answers on the Sheldon lathe group?

lg
no neat sig line
wrote in message
oups.com...
I am going to put a larger motor in my lathe and it now has a 2HP 3
Phase 184 Frame Motor/ 1800 RPM from the 1950's made by Lima Electric
Motor. Will the current NEMA frame size in the 184 frame match my
current hole configuration where the old motor bolted to inside of the
cabinet? I was going to move up to a 3HP motor. The lathe is a Sheldon
WM56P.

Thanks for any help. -Steve

Randal O'Brian

The new motor will likely be a 182T frame, but you should check for sure.
Your existing motor is a U frame which is obsolete. I'm sure you can find
T frame dimensions on the net, although U frame dimensions might be hard to
find. If nothing else, you can look up the 182T dimensions and then compare
them with your existing motor. I am betting they are different.

Randy

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am going to put a larger motor in my lathe and it now has a 2HP 3
Phase 184 Frame Motor/ 1800 RPM from the 1950's made by Lima Electric
Motor. Will the current NEMA frame size in the 184 frame match my
current hole configuration where the old motor bolted to inside of the
cabinet? I was going to move up to a 3HP motor. The lathe is a Sheldon
WM56P.

Thanks for any help. -Steve

Re. Rotary phase converters - magic or myths Robert Swinney Metalworking 141 September 19th 04 08:07 AM
Different RPM Loads on Rotary Phase Converters Artemia Salina Metalworking 4 September 5th 04 09:37 PM
Testing 3 phase motors Pal Metalworking 1 July 11th 04 11:50 PM
3 phase electrics jacob UK diy 10 May 18th 04 04:46 PM
General stuff on phase converters Bob Swinney Metalworking 2 November 25th 03 07:51 PM