Posted to sci.electronics.repair
rickman rickman is offline

Default Convert a 45 RPM record to Metric

Trevor Wilson wrote on 8/31/2017 4:28 PM:
On 1/09/2017 4:59 AM, Robert Roland wrote:
On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 12:00:46 -0400, wrote:

If we were using a metric system at that time, would they still be
called 45 rpm, or would there be some metric numbers used instead?

The metric part of the world also measures time in oddball units.

**Huh? You mean 'seconds'? Oddball?

BTW: The "metric part of the world" is 95% of the world. A pitifully
insignificant 5% holds out against the inevitable.

You talkin' 'bout US?

think we are stuck with it. Switching to a new system would be
essentially insurmountable.

**RPM?

In the SI unit system, however, the unit for angular velocity is
radians per second. 45 RPM is a touch over 4.7 radians per second.

**Rotating media is so last century. The number of users is utterly
insignificant. I am, however, one of them.

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998