Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

Default Convert a 45 RPM record to Metric

On 1/09/2017 11:29 AM, rickman wrote:
Trevor Wilson wrote on 8/31/2017 4:28 PM:
On 1/09/2017 4:59 AM, Robert Roland wrote:
On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 12:00:46 -0400, wrote:

If we were using a metric system at that time, would they still be
called 45 rpm, or would there be some metric numbers used instead?

The metric part of the world also measures time in oddball units.

**Huh? You mean 'seconds'? Oddball?

BTW: The "metric part of the world" is 95% of the world. A pitifully
insignificant 5% holds out against the inevitable.

You talkin' 'bout US?

**Yup. Just a few weeks back, I had to work on a US built product.
Damned thing had two different types of Allen bolts in it (Whitworth and
SAE). None of my usual Imperial Allen keys would fit it. I had to grind
an old key down to fit. I NEVER have such issues with products using
Metric Allen bolts. And, let's not get started with those insane
fractional sizes, for screws, drills and all the other stuff. Metris
stuff is so much easier. 1mm, 1.5mm, 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm and so on. It just
makes sense.

I guess you can thank your brain-damaged Prez (at the time - Reagan) for
that stupidity. Come to think of it, you have another brain-damaged Prez
running the show again. What gives with you guys? You seem to vote for
people with the intellect of a 10 year old every now and again.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au