Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Semi OT, drip coffee makers

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 12:31:17 PM UTC-4, Phil Hobbs wrote:
On 05/13/2017 12:27 PM, rickman wrote:
On 5/13/2017 11:59 AM, Tim R wrote:
We did taste tests today.

Drinking it black, cold brew was clearly better.

But none of us drink it black. My family adds huge amounts of
creamer, and I put a tablespoon each of butter and coconut oil in
every cup.

One advantage of concentrate is not having to wash the pot daily.

I think you should be locked away for your own good. :-P

It's called "bulletproof coffee", probably because you need a
bulletproof stomach.

The theory is that fat calories in the morning tend to speed your metabolism. Most caloric output comes from resting metabolism, not from exercise.

I don't know if it really works or not but it delays any craving for a snack until lunch, and that's a good thing.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 5/15/2017 9:24 AM, Tim R wrote:
On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 12:31:17 PM UTC-4, Phil Hobbs wrote:
On 05/13/2017 12:27 PM, rickman wrote:
On 5/13/2017 11:59 AM, Tim R wrote:
We did taste tests today.

Drinking it black, cold brew was clearly better.

But none of us drink it black. My family adds huge amounts of
creamer, and I put a tablespoon each of butter and coconut oil in
every cup.

One advantage of concentrate is not having to wash the pot daily.

I think you should be locked away for your own good. :-P

It's called "bulletproof coffee", probably because you need a
bulletproof stomach.

The theory is that fat calories in the morning tend to speed your metabolism. Most caloric output comes from resting metabolism, not from exercise.

I don't know if it really works or not but it delays any craving for a snack until lunch, and that's a good thing.

You can justify anything diet and weight gain related that you want if
you cite the right source.

"New evidence from our group, published in the American Journal of
Clinical Nutrition, found that those assigned to eat breakfast used more
energy through physical activity (in particular during the morning) than
those fasting. "

"Contrary to popular belief, researchers now say breakfast doesnt
kickstart the metabolism and may not be the most important meal of the
day. A new study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition had more
than 300 overweight participants consume diets that included either
eating or skipping breakfast. At the end of 16 weeks, dieters who ate
breakfast lost no more weight than the breakfast skippers. "

Which one is right? Notice they both refer to the same journal although
they don't cite an article specifically (it may even be the same article).

The argument that most calories are burned through base metabolism is
not relevant to the issue. If you can burn 100 extra calories a day
through exercise that is the same as boosting your base metabolism by
100 calories. One difference is you don't have to eat 100 extra
calories to burn the extra 100 calories through exercise.

--

Rick C