Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default I made a schematic for the newest 2007 Black&Deck spacesaver drip coffee maker

subject.
coffee maker drip. new.
Black and Decker
the space saver model
with the LCD display and 5 gray push buttons
sold in 2007.

mine quite , dead as a stone.
last one lasted 17 years, this one lasted 17 days.

I am a tech.
so I drew up a schematic while eating lunch one day.
the 24 volt zener diode (Z01) shorted ,
this kills the DC supply to EVERYTHING.
I replaced it with a 1N -4749 amercian (north) diode.
like new.
to see my schematic , go to: ( crude hand drawn but accurate)

http://ballz.ababa.net/kicker/images...r-schmtc1w.jpg

down load it and print to 8.5x11 sheet.
enjoy
1 day lost , saved $50 plus tax,
any questions , send email.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jul 27, 5:54 pm, Pulse-Debunker wrote:
subject.
coffee maker drip. new.
Black and Decker
the space saver model
with the LCD display and 5 gray push buttons
sold in 2007.

mine quite , dead as a stone.
last one lasted 17 years, this one lasted 17 days.

I am a tech.
so I drew up a schematic while eating lunch one day.
the 24 volt zener diode (Z01) shorted ,
this kills the DC supply to EVERYTHING.
I replaced it with a 1N -4749 amercian (north) diode.
like new.
to see my schematic , go to: ( crude hand drawn but accurate)

http://ballz.ababa.net/kicker/images...r-schmtc1w.jpg

down load it and print to 8.5x11 sheet.
enjoy
1 day lost , saved $50 plus tax,
any questions , send email.

correction:
try this link, jpg files wont show in this usnet page, rats.
so this works
http://ballz.ababa.net/kicker/coffee/

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
me me is offline

Pulse-Debunker wrote in news:1185584093.587155.126040
@z24g2000prh.googlegroups.com:

subject.
coffee maker drip. new.
Black and Decker
the space saver model
with the LCD display and 5 gray push buttons
sold in 2007.

mine quite , dead as a stone.
last one lasted 17 years, this one lasted 17 days.

I am a tech.

Not a very smart one.
If it was only 17 days old you should have returned it....

so I drew up a schematic while eating lunch one day.

snip

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Subject Black and Decker B&D space maker coffee machine, Schematic,
wiring diagram ,etc.]
I made a nice schematic using CAD schematic capture, and deleted my
pencil drawing.

My maker , shorted Z01 , zener diode 24vdc , causing display to go
dead.

15 mins to fix. cheap $1

http://ballz.ababa.net/kicker/coffee/

enjoy

jtgh

jerry the gear head

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jul 27, 6:09 pm, Pulse-Debunker wrote:
[...]

You should be ashamed of yourself for repairing a unit clearly under
warranty. You are messing up the statistics on failures and making it
worse on the rest of us by preventing the manufacturer from correcting
a fault. Reverse engineering is frowned upon ;-)

GG