Eugen T

Default Canon BJC-6000

Hi all,
Not sure what happened to this printer. It prints all colors perfectly, but
nothing in black color - there is tons of ink in the cartridge (they are
transparent in this printer), I cleaned black printing head (put it in 99%
rubbing alcohol for 15 minutes) - looks nice and clean.
Printer reports yellow color to be low (there are 3 color cartridges + 1
black cartridge), but no reports on black cartridge being bad. I checked
contacts to the head - they are all fine...
What steps should I take to try to fix this?
Thanks!

JM

quoting:
Hi all,
Not sure what happened to this printer. It prints all colors perfectly, but
nothing in black color - there is tons of ink in the cartridge (they are
transparent in this printer), I cleaned black printing head (put it in 99%
rubbing alcohol for 15 minutes) - looks nice and clean.
Printer reports yellow color to be low (there are 3 color cartridges + 1
black cartridge), but no reports on black cartridge being bad. I checked
contacts to the head - they are all fine...
What steps should I take to try to fix this?
Thanks!

Does your printer have the print head built into the cartridge?

If so;

Are you refilling your cartridges?

If so;

Refilling is a great idea to save large amounts of money on expensive Ink
cartridges. Something that needs to be well known is that the printheads
that are built into the cartridge do eventually go bad. The cartridge will
need to be replaced every so often since the printheads don't last forever.

Jerry G.

In the Canon printer, when this happens, it is usually time to replace the
print head assembly. It is not cheap to repair. I would consider a new
printer that uses the types of cartridges that when they are replaced, the
print head is also replaced along with them. The HP is a make that uses the
print head as part of its cartridge.

--

Jerry G. GLG Technologies GLG
==========================

"Eugen T" wrote in message
Hi all,
Not sure what happened to this printer. It prints all colors perfectly, but
nothing in black color - there is tons of ink in the cartridge (they are
transparent in this printer), I cleaned black printing head (put it in 99%
rubbing alcohol for 15 minutes) - looks nice and clean.
Printer reports yellow color to be low (there are 3 color cartridges + 1
black cartridge), but no reports on black cartridge being bad. I checked
contacts to the head - they are all fine...
What steps should I take to try to fix this?
Thanks!

news.new

No different as those ink with print head package is very expensive too.
For example, a HP black ink/print head cartridge cost about $45. It
generally last for 500 pages.
A black ink cartridge is about $15. So far my experiance, the print head
last about 1.5 years. One ink cartridge last about 1500 pages and usually
takes me 4 to 5 ink cartridge before I need to replace a print head (cost
about $50, come with one ink cartridge).

So for long run and heavy printing. Ind ink cartridge printer is still
cheaper.

"Eugen T" wrote in message
Hi all,
Not sure what happened to this printer. It prints all colors perfectly,

but
nothing in black color - there is tons of ink in the cartridge (they are
transparent in this printer), I cleaned black printing head (put it in 99%
rubbing alcohol for 15 minutes) - looks nice and clean.
Printer reports yellow color to be low (there are 3 color cartridges + 1
black cartridge), but no reports on black cartridge being bad. I checked
contacts to the head - they are all fine...
What steps should I take to try to fix this?
Thanks!

David W. McGaffney

Eugen..
If you have separate color and BW printheads you might save yourself a lot
of trouble and money by checking out these below sites...
Canon DOES shut off the print heads after so many "squirts". (a money maker
for them)
Epson ALSO does this and there is a cure for their greed also.
Normally forcing you to buy a new print head. (or buy a new printer).
Some "brains" have found a way to "RESET" the
counter built into the print head and Vola it's usable again!
http://www.wesesweb.web1000.com/canon.htm
and
http://fixyourownprinter.com/cgi-bin...t=Standard&Ter
ms=canon

This may solve your "problem"

Dave McGaffney
KVM Services

"Eugen T" wrote in message
Hi all,
Not sure what happened to this printer. It prints all colors perfectly,

but
nothing in black color - there is tons of ink in the cartridge (they are
transparent in this printer), I cleaned black printing head (put it in 99%
rubbing alcohol for 15 minutes) - looks nice and clean.
Printer reports yellow color to be low (there are 3 color cartridges + 1
black cartridge), but no reports on black cartridge being bad. I checked
contacts to the head - they are all fine...
What steps should I take to try to fix this?
Thanks!

gothika

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 11:58:32 -0400, "Eugen T"
wrote:

Hi all,
Not sure what happened to this printer. It prints all colors perfectly, but
nothing in black color - there is tons of ink in the cartridge (they are
transparent in this printer), I cleaned black printing head (put it in 99%
rubbing alcohol for 15 minutes) - looks nice and clean.
Printer reports yellow color to be low (there are 3 color cartridges + 1
black cartridge), but no reports on black cartridge being bad. I checked
contacts to the head - they are all fine...
What steps should I take to try to fix this?
Thanks!

Sounds like time to replace the print head tray.(The do-hickey that
the ink tanks drop into.)
You can usually get them a bit cheaper on Ebay.
Consult your manual for the exact part # for the trays.(BCI something
as I recall.)
Eugen T

Went to the website that Dan pointed me to. Several people bought extra
print heads (or trays - same thing I guess - green "tray" that holds a
cartridge) and had no luck
I don't think that this is a 'waste cartridge full' problem, but I followed
all instructions and now my yellow cartridge stopped printing (but I think
that was the only one that was running out of ink).

wrote:

[...]

Woody

"Eugen T" wrote in message
Hi all,
Not sure what happened to this printer. It prints all colors perfectly,

but
nothing in black color - there is tons of ink in the cartridge (they are
transparent in this printer), I cleaned black printing head (put it in 99%
rubbing alcohol for 15 minutes) - looks nice and clean.
Printer reports yellow color to be low (there are 3 color cartridges + 1
black cartridge), but no reports on black cartridge being bad. I checked
contacts to the head - they are all fine...
What steps should I take to try to fix this?
Thanks!

Try warm water - inkjet ink is mostly water based.

--

Woody

gothika

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 15:32:55 GMT, "Woody"
wrote:

"Eugen T" wrote in message
m...
Hi all,
Not sure what happened to this printer. It prints all colors perfectly,

but
nothing in black color - there is tons of ink in the cartridge (they are
transparent in this printer), I cleaned black printing head (put it in 99%
rubbing alcohol for 15 minutes) - looks nice and clean.
Printer reports yellow color to be low (there are 3 color cartridges + 1
black cartridge), but no reports on black cartridge being bad. I checked
contacts to the head - they are all fine...
What steps should I take to try to fix this?
Thanks!

Try warm water - inkjet ink is mostly water based.

Canon inks tend to be alchohol based, at least all of my Canon's are.
Warm water can loosen up light clogs though.
If it's bad try denatured alchohol.