JM

Default Canon BJC-6000

quoting:
Hi all,
Not sure what happened to this printer. It prints all colors perfectly, but
nothing in black color - there is tons of ink in the cartridge (they are
transparent in this printer), I cleaned black printing head (put it in 99%
rubbing alcohol for 15 minutes) - looks nice and clean.
Printer reports yellow color to be low (there are 3 color cartridges + 1
black cartridge), but no reports on black cartridge being bad. I checked
contacts to the head - they are all fine...
What steps should I take to try to fix this?
Thanks!

Does your printer have the print head built into the cartridge?

If so;

Are you refilling your cartridges?

If so;

Refilling is a great idea to save large amounts of money on expensive Ink
cartridges. Something that needs to be well known is that the printheads
that are built into the cartridge do eventually go bad. The cartridge will
need to be replaced every so often since the printheads don't last forever.