gothika

Default Canon inkjet repair??

If ther is a more appropriate NG for this question please give me the
directions.

I have a Canon BJC 6000 inkjet printer and I need to know if there's
any way to test the printhead assembly to see if it's still
functional?
It uses the BC-31e cartridge with integrated printheads and the
separate ink tanks that click into the printhead assembly.
TIA
Jim Yanik

gothika wrote in
:

If ther is a more appropriate NG for this question please give me the
directions.

I have a Canon BJC 6000 inkjet printer and I need to know if there's
any way to test the printhead assembly to see if it's still
functional?
It uses the BC-31e cartridge with integrated printheads and the
separate ink tanks that click into the printhead assembly.
TIA

Integrated print heads means that the printheads are PART of the ink
tanks,I thought.
So that when you change ink tanks,you essentially get a new printhead.
Perhaps the black ink tank is the one with the integrated printhead,and the
color tanks insert into that?

I'd be very leery of refilled ink tanks too,I believe that's what destroyed
my BJC-620 printhead.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net
gothika

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 01:12:32 +0000 (UTC), Jim Yanik
wrote:

gothika wrote in
:

If ther is a more appropriate NG for this question please give me the
directions.

I have a Canon BJC 6000 inkjet printer and I need to know if there's
any way to test the printhead assembly to see if it's still
functional?
It uses the BC-31e cartridge with integrated printheads and the
separate ink tanks that click into the printhead assembly.
TIA

Integrated print heads means that the printheads are PART of the ink
tanks,I thought.
So that when you change ink tanks,you essentially get a new printhead.
Perhaps the black ink tank is the one with the integrated printhead,and the
color tanks insert into that?

I'd be very leery of refilled ink tanks too,I believe that's what destroyed
my BJC-620 printhead.

On the BJC 6000 the printhead is a removable shell that has slots for
the tanks. The printhead assembly is a click in unit that has the
printheads and the electrical contact strips. Tanks are separate and
click into the printhead assembly.
There is one unit for the yellow, magenta and cyan and a separate one
for the black.
It gives the user the most economical solution for inkjet use.
When a particular color runs out just replace that color tank.
When the printhead wears out just transfer your tanks over to the new
printhead cartridge.
The head units are pricey though and the diagnostic software doesn't
tell you id the head is dead, just to replace them when you run out of
ink. I'd hate to buy a new black printhead if the old one is still
good.(It's about 20 buck over the cost of the tank.)
I'd just had good luck refilling the black cartridge on my old BJ1000.
(Had heard that the Canons were the easiest to refill.)
and thought I'd have a go at the 6000.(It's been in the closet waiting
for the cost of the ink to come down.)
I'd heard that there were fixes for burnt out HP cartridges with
internal heaters/electronics etc.. and was hoping to find out if I
could do likewise with the canon.
Thanks again for the reply.