Pszemol

Default Picture tube and other parts for sale: 19" Panasonic/Viewsonic

I have decided to take apart my 19" monitor (Viewsonic PS790)
so if anybody interested in parts - please contact me...
I still have the picture tube (kinescope) in great condition, it is
Panasonic M46LN180X. If you are around Chicago area - contact me.

Also, all parts from the motherboard and other boards are available.
Power transistors, diodes, bridge, processor, video chips,
transformers (including EHT), BNC input module, etc...
I am an electronic but I do not do monitors, so no need for spare parts.
Small things I can desolder & ship - contact me to talk about details.
James Sweet

"Pszemol" wrote in message
I have decided to take apart my 19" monitor (Viewsonic PS790)
so if anybody interested in parts - please contact me...
I still have the picture tube (kinescope) in great condition, it is
Panasonic M46LN180X. If you are around Chicago area - contact me.

Also, all parts from the motherboard and other boards are available.
Power transistors, diodes, bridge, processor, video chips,
transformers (including EHT), BNC input module, etc...
I am an electronic but I do not do monitors, so no need for spare parts.
Small things I can desolder & ship - contact me to talk about details.

If all parts are available why'd you take it apart? With a few exceptions,
used monitor parts are worth very little.

Pszemol

"James Sweet" wrote in message news:9nIhc.678$cF6.56713@attbi_s04...
If all parts are available why'd you take it apart?

Not all - all except one power transistor which is short :-)
James Sweet

"Pszemol" wrote in message
"James Sweet" wrote in message

If all parts are available why'd you take it apart?

Not all - all except one power transistor which is short :-)

Still, if you know what power transistor shorted, why not just replace it?

no need 4 a name

not too awful long ago there was someone listing CRT's on ebay
especially for the purpose of the winner breaking them.
I never tuned back into the auction to see whether they sold, and or
how much for. Anyone else see that?
I believe it was posted here.
Perhaps the original poster may want to take that tac. Or cut out the
middleman altogether
I am sure we are all curious wh anyone would dis assemble anything
while knowing excactly what the simple defect is?
Good to see you are at least trying to keep it out of the landfill.

Pszemol

"no need 4 a name" wrote in message ...
I am sure we are all curious wh anyone would dis assemble anything
while knowing excactly what the simple defect is?

Because this "simple defect" is beyond my expertise to fix.
As I said before, I am not an expert in fixing computer monitors.
I gave it a try and it did not work, so for the parts it goes.

Good to see you are at least trying to keep it out of the landfill.

Exactly. But no bids, so it looks like the landfill is its destiny.
no need 4 a name

yu may want to try and list it on ebay as a "stress relieving device"
or something, as I referred to in my first post above.
Seriously, someone actually had CRT's to break listed on ebay.
maybe someone else reading this post remembers the auction, or can tell
us all whether it worked.
You may also list it as "haunted" That would sell bigger than $#@%=97
Tell them it shows a picture of naked cannibals, dancing wildly around a
mysterious nighttime campfire, while eating missionaries,
=97whatever=97, spin a mean yarn, wthout even being attatched to
circuitry, or even being plugged in. Create a bogus picture. (you need a
picture to sell anythng on ebay, BTW) Then, just reeeeel 'em in=97Ka
Ching!!
Come to think of it, I have a whole bunch of "haunted" electronic parts,
(Yeah, that's the ticket, haunted parts)

john

Get A Life..

--
"Watch the return E-Mail addy its false"
"no need 4 a name" wrote in message
yu may want to try and list it on ebay as a "stress relieving device"
or something, as I referred to in my first post above.
Seriously, someone actually had CRT's to break listed on ebay.
maybe someone else reading this post remembers the auction, or can tell
us all whether it worked.
You may also list it as "haunted" That would sell bigger than $#@%-
Tell them it shows a picture of naked cannibals, dancing wildly around a
mysterious nighttime campfire, while eating missionaries,
-whatever-, spin a mean yarn, wthout even being attatched to
circuitry, or even being plugged in. Create a bogus picture. (you need a
picture to sell anythng on ebay, BTW) Then, just reeeeel 'em in-Ka
Ching!!
Come to think of it, I have a whole bunch of "haunted" electronic parts,
(Yeah, that's the ticket, haunted parts)

no need 4 a name

lookie here, stupid, my life is GOOD!!!

go learn how to wire a flashlight, then get on your knees and BEG
forgiveness to ever have even DREAMED about being part of the human
race!!!!

The offspring of a thousand foul oders has inhabited your family for
10,000 generations.

The festered worms of the dung of the anus of a dog is your true and
only peer

Mu-ah-ha-ha Mu-ah-HA-HAMu-ah-ha-ha Mu-ah-HA-HAMu-ah-ha-ha
Mu-ah-HA-HAMu-ah-ha-ha Mu-ah-HA-HAMu-ah-ha-ha Mu-ah-HA-HAMu-ah-ha-ha
Mu-ah-HA-HAMu-ah-ha-ha Mu-ah-HA-HAMu-ah-ha-ha Mu-ah-HA-HA

James Sweet

"Pszemol" wrote in message
"no need 4 a name" wrote in message

I am sure we are all curious wh anyone would dis assemble anything
while knowing excactly what the simple defect is?

Because this "simple defect" is beyond my expertise to fix.
As I said before, I am not an expert in fixing computer monitors.
I gave it a try and it did not work, so for the parts it goes.

Good to see you are at least trying to keep it out of the landfill.

Exactly. But no bids, so it looks like the landfill is its destiny.

You know in most places CRT's are considered toxic waste and are illegal to
throw in the trash, here we have curbside pickup of TV's for recycling.

Whenever I get a broken monitor that's not worth my time to repair I usually
try to give it away to someone else who wants to look at it, otherwise I
pull the chassis and keep it in my junk bin and recycle the tube and casing.
I've occasionally needed a tube to repair a monitor but they're big,
fragile, cumbersome and dangerous so few keep them in stock.

no need 4 a name

the issue of re-cycling electronics is getting more and more attention
these days.
There are outfits, wherein components are reclaimed, various metals are
extracted etc.
I have even see "designer" furniture, clocks, paperweights, and other
objects containing small semi coductors, in a potted resin sort of
substrate, finished nicely. Quite a conversation piece if you happen to
have a coffee table made that way.
I always try to recycle wherever possible.
I have a squab that I occasionally use to pull parts from boards in the
dogpile.
The stripped boards are then donated to an old aquantance who saves them
'til he gets a loads worth, he takes them to someplace for the
reclaiming of copper, gold, whatever. He hasn't gotten rich yet.
It shames me to think how many useful items of any and all types
inhabit our landfills
And, it is made ever so much worse by the current "dispoable" trend in
consumer electronics that is soo prevalent today.
The manufacturer's have killed off a great deal of the consumer
electronics repair industry.
To the original poster, I see you are in the chicagoland area. There
are some re-cycling facilities in your area, perhaps the crt could wind
up there, rather than the rubbish bin/landfill
(i still think the idea of sellng it as haunted on ebay is more fun
though)