James Sweet

Default Picture tube and other parts for sale: 19" Panasonic/Viewsonic

"Pszemol" wrote in message
"no need 4 a name" wrote in message

I am sure we are all curious wh anyone would dis assemble anything
while knowing excactly what the simple defect is?

Because this "simple defect" is beyond my expertise to fix.
As I said before, I am not an expert in fixing computer monitors.
I gave it a try and it did not work, so for the parts it goes.

Good to see you are at least trying to keep it out of the landfill.

Exactly. But no bids, so it looks like the landfill is its destiny.

You know in most places CRT's are considered toxic waste and are illegal to
throw in the trash, here we have curbside pickup of TV's for recycling.

Whenever I get a broken monitor that's not worth my time to repair I usually
try to give it away to someone else who wants to look at it, otherwise I
pull the chassis and keep it in my junk bin and recycle the tube and casing.
I've occasionally needed a tube to repair a monitor but they're big,
fragile, cumbersome and dangerous so few keep them in stock.