Pszemol

Default Picture tube and other parts for sale: 19" Panasonic/Viewsonic

I have decided to take apart my 19" monitor (Viewsonic PS790)
so if anybody interested in parts - please contact me...
I still have the picture tube (kinescope) in great condition, it is
Panasonic M46LN180X. If you are around Chicago area - contact me.

Also, all parts from the motherboard and other boards are available.
Power transistors, diodes, bridge, processor, video chips,
transformers (including EHT), BNC input module, etc...
I am an electronic but I do not do monitors, so no need for spare parts.
Small things I can desolder & ship - contact me to talk about details.
James Sweet

"Pszemol" wrote in message
I have decided to take apart my 19" monitor (Viewsonic PS790)
so if anybody interested in parts - please contact me...
I still have the picture tube (kinescope) in great condition, it is
Panasonic M46LN180X. If you are around Chicago area - contact me.

Also, all parts from the motherboard and other boards are available.
Power transistors, diodes, bridge, processor, video chips,
transformers (including EHT), BNC input module, etc...
I am an electronic but I do not do monitors, so no need for spare parts.
Small things I can desolder & ship - contact me to talk about details.

If all parts are available why'd you take it apart? With a few exceptions,
used monitor parts are worth very little.

Pszemol

"James Sweet" wrote in message news:9nIhc.678$cF6.56713@attbi_s04...
If all parts are available why'd you take it apart?

Not all - all except one power transistor which is short :-)
James Sweet

"Pszemol" wrote in message
"James Sweet" wrote in message

If all parts are available why'd you take it apart?

Not all - all except one power transistor which is short :-)

Still, if you know what power transistor shorted, why not just replace it?

no need 4 a name

not too awful long ago there was someone listing CRT's on ebay
especially for the purpose of the winner breaking them.
I never tuned back into the auction to see whether they sold, and or
how much for. Anyone else see that?
I believe it was posted here.
Perhaps the original poster may want to take that tac. Or cut out the
middleman altogether
I am sure we are all curious wh anyone would dis assemble anything
while knowing excactly what the simple defect is?
Good to see you are at least trying to keep it out of the landfill.

Pszemol

"no need 4 a name" wrote in message ...
I am sure we are all curious wh anyone would dis assemble anything
while knowing excactly what the simple defect is?

Because this "simple defect" is beyond my expertise to fix.
As I said before, I am not an expert in fixing computer monitors.
I gave it a try and it did not work, so for the parts it goes.

Good to see you are at least trying to keep it out of the landfill.

Exactly. But no bids, so it looks like the landfill is its destiny.