Rod2414738

Default Ford Cd Player repair question

My aunt was asking me if I would take a look at the single disc CD player in
her Mercury Villager. Her minivan is a '95 or '97 I think, the CD player is
the single DIN, single disc type. The minivan has the single DIN receiver and
cassette player, and below that is a single DIN CD player. She said it will
not play CDs. It will take the disc in, then eject it right away. I think I
remember reading about common problems with these CD players, but I cannot find
anything in the archives about them. Maybe I am just thinking of capacitor
problems with the tuners and display problems.

I know I haven't provided many details here, but it's all I know at this point.

Also, is there a good sight that will allow a user to search for a word (ie:
Ford) in the archives for this newsgroup? I tried Usenet and I had to scroll
through it by date searching for "Ford." After about 40 pages, I decided to
post here.

-Rod
Asimov

"Rod2414738" bravely wrote to "All" (27 Dec 03 02:55:08)
--- on the heady topic of "Ford Cd Player repair question"

A common problem is something of a rare thing these days but in general
the usual trouble areas are for example in this case failing to sense
that a disc is present. What could cause this? Perhaps the disc tray
isn't loading properly or the controller isn't getting the signal it is
loaded. Perhaps the spindle motor is jammed? You have to be a Sherlock
Holmes to hunt down the right solution from the available clues.

Ro From: (Rod2414738)

Ro My aunt was asking me if I would take a look at the single disc CD
Ro player in her Mercury Villager. Her minivan is a '95 or '97 I think,
Ro the CD player is the single DIN, single disc type. The minivan has the
Ro single DIN receiver and cassette player, and below that is a single DIN
Ro CD player. She said it will not play CDs. It will take the disc in,
Ro then eject it right away. I think I remember reading about common
Ro problems with these CD players, but I cannot find anything in the
Ro archives about them. Maybe I am just thinking of capacitor problems
Ro with the tuners and display problems.
Ro I know I haven't provided many details here, but it's all I know at
Ro this point.

Ro Also, is there a good sight that will allow a user to search for a
Ro word (ie: Ford) in the archives for this newsgroup? I tried Usenet and
Ro I had to scroll through it by date searching for "Ford." After about
Ro 40 pages, I decided to post here.

Ro -Rod

.... No electrons were harmed in the posting of this message.

Rod2414738

Thanks for that link. Much easier to use than the Usenet search I did.
Unfortunately, none of the threads it turned up matched the problem I'm trying
to fix, but I have bookmarked the search engine for future use!

-Rod

Also, is there a good sight that will allow a user to search for a word

(ie:
Ford) in the archives for this newsgroup? I tried Usenet and I had to

scroll
through it by date searching for "Ford." After about 40 pages, I decided

post here.

http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en

Good luck,
--
DaveC

Rod Schmidt
Electrical Engineer

Old delta 12" planer repair question..... j.duprie Woodworking 2 June 22nd 04 09:42 PM
Ford buzz coil box wood repair bw Woodworking 0 May 19th 04 06:04 AM
Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs UK diy 5 March 26th 04 01:36 AM
Sony tv repair question lainiekazan Electronics Repair 4 December 19th 03 10:47 PM