Rod2414738

Default Ford Cd Player repair question

My aunt was asking me if I would take a look at the single disc CD player in
her Mercury Villager. Her minivan is a '95 or '97 I think, the CD player is
the single DIN, single disc type. The minivan has the single DIN receiver and
cassette player, and below that is a single DIN CD player. She said it will
not play CDs. It will take the disc in, then eject it right away. I think I
remember reading about common problems with these CD players, but I cannot find
anything in the archives about them. Maybe I am just thinking of capacitor
problems with the tuners and display problems.

I know I haven't provided many details here, but it's all I know at this point.

Also, is there a good sight that will allow a user to search for a word (ie:
Ford) in the archives for this newsgroup? I tried Usenet and I had to scroll
through it by date searching for "Ford." After about 40 pages, I decided to
post here.

-Rod