Asimov

Default Ford Cd Player repair question

"Rod2414738" bravely wrote to "All" (27 Dec 03 02:55:08)
--- on the heady topic of "Ford Cd Player repair question"

A common problem is something of a rare thing these days but in general
the usual trouble areas are for example in this case failing to sense
that a disc is present. What could cause this? Perhaps the disc tray
isn't loading properly or the controller isn't getting the signal it is
loaded. Perhaps the spindle motor is jammed? You have to be a Sherlock
Holmes to hunt down the right solution from the available clues.

Ro From: (Rod2414738)

Ro My aunt was asking me if I would take a look at the single disc CD
Ro player in her Mercury Villager. Her minivan is a '95 or '97 I think,
Ro the CD player is the single DIN, single disc type. The minivan has the
Ro single DIN receiver and cassette player, and below that is a single DIN
Ro CD player. She said it will not play CDs. It will take the disc in,
Ro then eject it right away. I think I remember reading about common
Ro problems with these CD players, but I cannot find anything in the
Ro archives about them. Maybe I am just thinking of capacitor problems
Ro with the tuners and display problems.
Ro I know I haven't provided many details here, but it's all I know at
Ro this point.

Ro Also, is there a good sight that will allow a user to search for a
Ro word (ie: Ford) in the archives for this newsgroup? I tried Usenet and
Ro I had to scroll through it by date searching for "Ford." After about
Ro 40 pages, I decided to post here.

Ro -Rod

.... No electrons were harmed in the posting of this message.