Terry Donadlson

Default Phone line static problem.

Phone line is very staticy. It has a lot of hiss and popping noise. Making
conversions are impossible. The phone company had fix the box on the light
pole so many times and it still comes back time after time. When the phone
company repair-person arrives to check the box the static is gone, so he
leaves. Minutes after he leaves it comes back. I am put into a waiting list
again. Sometime I see protuding phone wires from the wall and find that they
had been shorted together for days. I fixed that. Sometimes it dials 911 for
no reason. What shoud I do next?

BFriedl

There should be a customer access box at the point of demarcation if you
are in the US. This is what seperates "your wiring" from "their wiring."
Perhaps this is true for other countries as well? Anyways, when you get
static, go to the access box and plug a phone in there. If static
remains, then there is nothing you can do but call the telco because it
is on their side. If it is gone, then you know the problem is in the
building and can be difficult to diagonse.

--
BFriedl
A+ Certified Technician
******* Go Cats! *******Terry Donadlson wrote:

Phone line is very staticy. It has a lot of hiss and popping noise. Making
conversions are impossible. The phone company had fix the box on the light
pole so many times and it still comes back time after time. When the phone
company repair-person arrives to check the box the static is gone, so he
leaves. Minutes after he leaves it comes back. I am put into a waiting list
again. Sometime I see protuding phone wires from the wall and find that they
had been shorted together for days. I fixed that. Sometimes it dials 911 for
no reason. What shoud I do next?

Jerry G.

A common cause is water or high humidity in the terminal box outside, or
there is a frayed wire from their system to your home. You should mention
that this happens when it is raining or wet outside, if you can observe this
as fact. Have them come out when it is raining. They would then see the
fault, so that they can fix it.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Terry Donadlson" wrote in message
ws.com...
Phone line is very staticy. It has a lot of hiss and popping noise. Making
conversions are impossible. The phone company had fix the box on the light
pole so many times and it still comes back time after time. When the phone
company repair-person arrives to check the box the static is gone, so he
leaves. Minutes after he leaves it comes back. I am put into a waiting list
again. Sometime I see protuding phone wires from the wall and find that they
had been shorted together for days. I fixed that. Sometimes it dials 911
for
no reason. What shoud I do next?

Terry Donadlson

Terry Donadlson wrote:
"BFriedl"
Phone line is very staticy.

There should be a customer access box at the point of demarcation if you
are in the US. This is what seperates "your wiring" from "their wiring."
Perhaps this is true for other countries as well? Anyways, when you get
static, go to the access box and plug a phone in there. If static
remains, then there is nothing you can do but call the telco because it
is on their side. If it is gone, then you know the problem is in the
building and can be difficult to diagonse.

Okay, I went out and tried your suggestion. You're right, it's on their side.

Terry Donadlson

"Terry Donadlson" Phone line is very staticy.
"Jerry G."
A common cause is water or high humidity in the terminal box outside, or
there is a frayed wire from their system to your home. You should mention
that this happens when it is raining or wet outside, if you can observe

this
as fact. Have them come out when it is raining. They would then see the
fault, so that they can fix it.

You're right it happens when it rains. Thanks to your idea, I will get them
here when it rains. The last big storm was when the police showed up for the
911 call. Several homes on the block also had the same problem.

Doug

Terry Donadlson wrote:

Terry Donadlson wrote:

"BFriedl"
Phone line is very staticy.

There should be a customer access box at the point of demarcation if you
are in the US. This is what seperates "your wiring" from "their wiring."
Perhaps this is true for other countries as well? Anyways, when you get
static, go to the access box and plug a phone in there. If static
remains, then there is nothing you can do but call the telco because it
is on their side. If it is gone, then you know the problem is in the
building and can be difficult to diagonse.

Okay, I went out and tried your suggestion. You're right, it's on their
side.

Also have you tried different phone/wire combinations. I have a phone where
the satic is caused at the connection between phone and wire.
CJT

BFriedl wrote:

There should be a customer access box at the point of demarcation if you
are in the US. This is what seperates "your wiring" from "their wiring."
Perhaps this is true for other countries as well? Anyways, when you get
static, go to the access box and plug a phone in there. If static
remains, then there is nothing you can do but call the telco because it
is on their side. If it is gone, then you know the problem is in the
building and can be difficult to diagonse.

Huh? That's only true if before your test you disconnect "your wiring."
Otherwise, any problem in "your wiring" will appear, at the speed of
light g, at the access box, too.

--
After being targeted with gigabytes of trash by the "SWEN" worm, I have
concluded we must conceal our e-mail address. Our true address is the